Obsolete Blocked Apps don't move to Inactive

Windows 10 Pro 20H2
GW Elite 2.2.291

While this a report on a minor annoyance, it could be a bug.

I’ve been wanting to post up on this up for a while. I don’t think it’s been discussed here as some searches I’ve tried don’t return anything similar.

Apps that no longer exist persist in the Blocked list. For example, the app tagged as “Microsoft Outlook Communications” has three entries at this point in time:

c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.13426.20316.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hxtsr.exe
c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.13228.41011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hxtsr.exe
c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.12527.20152.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hxtsr.exe

The Path “Open File Location” menu item for the second two are grayed out as they no longer exist. So, as I’ve been in the habit of doing, I remove those. (For some time, for this app, I’ve ignored those duplicates to provide this example.) I haven’t tried to unblock them to see if they move to Inactive; I’m not that ambitious.

FYI for lurkers and GW Forum members:

Pay attention when removing duplicate items. Like, “Settings” has two entries, but unlike the app example above, each is current.

c:\windows\immersivecontrolpanel\systemsettings.exe
c:\windows\system32\systemsettingsadminflows.exe

Cheers.

PS Off topic discussion targeting the blocking strategy for the processes I presented as examples should be directed to the community and not directly to me via quoting or otherwise.

Thanks for your feedback. Our team was discussing this problem today.

I think the last time we tried to implement this we found there was an unexpected issue. I will see what I can find out and follow up on this.