Option to Reset Firewall Apps List (ie. Starting Fresh)

I just now upgraded from the Free to Pro version and I wanted to immediately take advantage of Ask to Connect (the primary reason I bought it). Basically set up a “deny unless explicitly allowed rule” and I figured attempting to clear the list would make this work from the start. A bit slow initially, but it works out.

But the biggest problem is trying to clear out the app list manually. I was able to clear it, but it took a little time because I had a lot of programs when using the free version.

My suggestion is some kind of option to quickly clear the app settings on the firewall tab, to make it easier to start fresh. Especially useful for someone like me who just upgraded and wants to require approval for an app to connect or has a ton of programs to clear out.

This would be a pretty big action, so if it were to be implemented, it should ask for a confirmation.

1 Like

Steven,

While this isn’t super fast or easy I recommend uninstalling GlassWire, rebooting, then reinstalling our latest version with the “clean” option. This will reset your firewall to the defaults.

Meanwhile we’re working on GlassWire 2.0 that also solves this exact issue for you.

Thanks!

Glasswire 2.0 is here for a long time now and the same annoying issue has not been fixed yet…
Please, any firewall should have an app list easy to manage and to reset… without reinstalling!

1 Like

I’m also looking for this. Still the only way is to uninstall and reinstall?

@laneo

To clear out your “inactive apps” all at once mouse over the “inactive apps” area, then click the small “X” next to it on the right and you’ll clear them all at once.

Then mouse over the other apps you want to use that are active and a small X appears to the right of them. Click an X to delete an app. Perhaps if we get a lot of feedback that we should offer an easier/faster way to clear active apps we’ll consider it.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Anyway, I already uninstalled and reinstalled (before your reply). After clean reinstall and resetting windows firewall during the install, there are many “allowed” applications on my glasswire firewall list. I was hoping that the list would become clear, with no apps allowed at all. Any chance to accomplish that?

1 Like

And btw, I dont seem to find the “inactive apps” on the list. Where should I look for?

1 Like

Inactive apps won’t appear unless you have been using our software long enough for some apps to become inactive, so after around 30 days.

I think you can do what you want with our Firewall. https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Firewall_Tab

“In the center of the firewall window is the “Firewall Profiles” option. You can create and save a firewall profile depending on your location, or how you use your device. For example, you can turn on “Ask to connect” mode and deny everything but Internet Explorer so nothing else accesses the network. You can then use this profile while you’re on a metered Internet connection to save data usage.”

Please try the above, or block all, then unblock only what you want.