Permanently Allow / Block Applications

Hello!

I have tried searching for an answer / post here but could not find any. If I missed something, please do not pounce on me :smile:

I just purchased the Elite version. I wanted to know if there was a way to permanently block some files and programs. Is it possible for Glasswire to remember the programs it has blocked (in the ask to connect mode) once?

So far, it has not been doing it on any of the three PCs I have tried installing it on.

Thank you!

@God

If you go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About”, what version does it show you there? What operating system are you using GlassWire with?

When you say “Is it possible for GlassWire to remember the programs it ha blocked once”, do you mean you want GlassWire to ask you every single time that app accesses the network, or are you asking GlassWire to do something else?

@Ken_GlassWire

Like some one said, you deserve kudos for being so patient and being always there. :star_struck:

Now, to the questions:

I am using the latest version of GlassWire (2.0.80). I am using Windows10 - 64bit (I would love to have 64Bit GlassWire too!) with all the latest updates installed.

The following is/are my question/s:

I have ‘ask to connect’ enabled

Say, I have something like Adobe Suite installed, and I do not want the Adobe Manager to snoop on me, and I block access to Adobe Manager. However, I am having to block Adobe Manager each time I am restarting my PC.

Is there a possibility that GlassWire remembers the programs I block once so that I do not have to block them everytime I restart the PC?

Do I have to create a profile or something? If I do, what is the best way to create a profile (so that the profile gets auto updated as I keep installing and blocking programs).

Also, would I be able to export and import profiles?

That was long! :disappointed_relieved:

@God

GlassWire should always remember what you blocked and this sounds like a bug to me. Did you use GlassWire 1.0 before 2.0 and did you upgrade to 2.0 from 1.0?

Are you a free user or paid?

Are you a free user or paid?

@Ken_GlassWire

Paid user. Elite.

Fresh install of both Windows and GlassWire.

@God

Do you use any other firewalls with GlassWire? If not can you try uninstalling GlassWire 2, then going to your Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults” then reboot, then reinstall GlassWire 2 using the “clean” install option in the installer, along with the option to reset the firewall there?

Now try and let me know your results.

@Ken_GlassWire

Tried everything. On two systems. Posting here was the last resort. No other firewalls installed. Will do a fullwipe install and see what happens.

Thanks a lot for all the patience!

@God

For the apps that keep reappearing, Is the app listed in the Firewall tab more than once, and if you go to the Firewall tab and click the app icons do they show different file locations on your HD?

@Ken_GlassWire

Nope! It is just one file. The location is always the same. I am going to try and do a clean-wipe and reinstall. If things change for the better, I will keep you posted.

@God

Had you created a firewall profile with GlassWire when this happened, or did you not have any profiles set up?

@Ken_GlassWire

Nope. There was no firewall profile. It was just a basic install. Also, even after a clean wipe, the problem seems to still persist

It is also happening with a few windows processes and with Radeon Settings (for my GFX card). This is happening on three of my PCs and it is fairly frustrating!

Should I switch to using the older version like JHefile?

Or, maybe, as @Glasnet suggested, it is only a few programs that are doing this? I am on Windows 10 64Bit on all the three PCs, and logged into Admin accounts on all three. There are no common third party applications between the three PCs.

@God

If the file locations are the same then this is probably somehow a bug with GlassWire. We’ll work to fix it and I apologize for the problem.

1 Like

@Ken_GlassWire

I am sure the problem was unintended. I develop apps and I know how difficult it might be. I was merely sharing my frustration. It was in no way meant as a detraction.

You have been consistently helpful and been beyond reproach.

Thank you!

1 Like

Same problem here (paid user Pro - Win 8.1 64bits - no profile).
I tried everything too (with versions 2 & 2.080) and and finally returned to version 1.2.121 !

@Belga

We found it and we’re working on a fix. Sorry for the problem.

1 Like