Persistent Crashing Issue with Glasswire Application

Hello

I am writing to report a recurring issue with the Glasswire application on my system. Despite my attempts to resolve it, the application continues to crash repeatedly. Here are the details of the problem and the steps I’ve taken so far:
Issue Description:
The Glasswire application consistently crashes 2 to 3 minutes after launch.This issue persists every time the application is open
ed.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Restarted my PC several times to ensure it wasn’t a temporary system glitch.
Uninstalled the previous version of Glasswire and installed the latest version available on your website, hoping it would resolve any compatibility or bug-related issues.

Despite these efforts, the application continues to crash, hindering my ability to use it effectively. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide to resolve this issue. If there are any additional steps you recommend or information you need, please let me know.Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to a resolution so I can continue to use Glasswire effectively.

Best regards

Hi @chagraaa

Sorry to hear this, please can you send logs to help@glasswire.com so our engineers can investigate.

Thanks,
Katie

Since I didn’t see it, did you run the clean install? I can’t remember, but i think that was an option in the installer?

I’m having the same issues here… Tried a clean install and still happening. This started after the latest update with the top menu icon changes.

Edit, I’m seeing this in the Event Viewer Application logs:

Faulting application name: GlassWire.exe, version: 3.3.630.0, time stamp: 0x65548ed3
Faulting module name: Qt5Gui.dll, version: 5.15.2.0, time stamp: 0x5fa4dda5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001e6080
Faulting process id: 0x0x17580
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA260E9ECA9FC6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GlassWire.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\Qt5Gui.dll
Report Id: 3cb32177-4395-48fc-b70b-4ecb01c9422b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Some kind of issue with the Qt 5 library, perhaps something related to the new update?

Started having the same issues again all of a sudden…

I did too with 664 and the last version, I got it to go away by doing a clean install. Haven’t had it since.

I have the same problem. Clean install, talking to the support person but no response since January. It looks like some sort of data issue from the pub/sub when network is way more active than usual (like streaming from YT, Spotify, Mixcloud via browser)

This problem is still happening, the app doesn’t work and crashes after 2min for at least 5 months now. WTF

Same issue for me too. A few minutes after launch the program will lose connection to local server and try to re-connect. After a few failed attempts it crashes. I am on version 3.3.664. I was fed up will all the crashing I was about to uninstall and just do without.

Hey guys, are you located in the North America? My suspicious is towards Pub/Sub on heavy traffic days as symptoms are in the sequence of loosing network monitoring, loosing data traceability and then loosing connection to local server as it crashed due to NPE from missing data from mentioned symptoms.

2 Likes

Yep, Windows 10 glasswire app keeps disappearing from my taskbar. Not sure how much of it remains running, due to that it relies on Windows firewall, but it’s not ideal. Installed from downloaded app 2-3 times in the past 6 months yet it keeps happening, and I don’t see any pattern to it, no notification that it crashed or dumped, or exited. Just notice that there have been no notifications for a while.

So when the tray app isn’t running, is my system still protected? policy being enforced? not letting new executables access network?

Just a few application log entries. There are many more.

Faulting application name: GlassWire.exe, version: 3.3.664.0, time stamp: 0x65b2433c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x6763d3a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process id: 0x35d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01da7e2ef259531d
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 2953bdfc-a9f8-44cd-8cdf-9e85aa2ea074
=============================================================
Faulting application name: GlassWire.exe, version: 3.3.664.0, time stamp: 0x65b2433c
Faulting module name: CoreMessaging.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3930, time stamp: 0xd5037cb9
Exception code: 0xc00001ad
Fault offset: 0x0001387c
Faulting process id: 0x32e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01da7e2d67e0ac81
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreMessaging.dll
Report Id: 1b92b88b-3494-4c18-b7b5-dfb83e59ed16
===============================================================
The GlassWire Control Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).
===============================================================
Faulting application name: GWCtlSrv.exe, version: 3.3.664.0, time stamp: 0x65b243aa
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x6763d3a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process id: 0x17f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01da78cab52887cd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWCtlSrv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: ec84ab3d-3dc5-473c-80e7-864c2170642c

Send to help@glasswire and they can help you with that. I had that problem with an older version. It quit doing it in the next following version 2.3 xx can’t remember exact version. Could be something simple. Good luck! :grinning:

So far support didn’t help with my issue at all and they have dropped communication since Feb. Looks like I’m not going to renew my subscription when issue is not fixed.

Hi, I would check to see if the Glasswire Control Service is still running under services despite the application front-end crash that you have shown from the Application Log. If the control services is still running it is likely all rule processing is still active and being followed as my understanding is that the Control Service is what does all the firewall processing and collection of information. The Glasswire.exe connects to this service to provide the GUI interface to this control service.

Of course this does not resolve the issue of the front-end application component crashing. It is possible that a Glasswire code dependency on another component such as Visual C++ Redistributables or .Net versions is possible corrupt and need reinstall. Glasswire Developers should be able to advise what dependencies their software has.

You may also be able to try and narrow down the issue if you have technical skills by using tools such as SysInternals Process Monitor which may give an indication of missing files, registry entries, or other calls from the program that may be causing the program to fault.

1 Like