Please, please add functionality to show data usage on the taskbar

So I’ve used NetBalancer and NetSpeedMonitor before I got this but I really, really like the fact that both of those utilities show me data usage right on my taskbar rather than having a mini always on top window open.

NetBalancer goes a step further and also shows me what apps are using how much of the total bandwidth so I can kill an app if it’s using my bandwidth while I’m gaming or watching a video.

Here’s the image if any of you would like to see it

2 Likes

You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker.
Yup I really want this fetaure too Personally I really don’t like the glasswire mini viewer it doesn’t match the ui at all it is not even simplistic there are some bugs I have been experiencing with mini viewer for example it never truly stays on top It doesn’t know when too stays on top when too not

I really want something better then the mini viewer and I think many users here thinks the same
So here are some example plz see the below images and give glasswire some most wanted Improvements

1. This is from net blancer I really like this one it doesn’t really interfere with anything at all and it is really simplistic and it matches the UI really well :slight_smile:

2. This is from Networx it doesn’t interfere with anything at all but Its just too ugly :frowning:

3. This is from DUMeter It really matches the windows 10 ui but the graph is not that good but I really like that it matches with windows 10 ui I really like this one too :slight_smile:

Plz make your taksbar speed monitor like these thanxx guys

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. We’ll check this all out.

2 Likes

Yes, this is really something I have been looking for.

+1 for a better mini viewer (showing the actual bandwidth usage) including taskbar integration.

This is one of the most important features I am missing from Networx, the app I have been using up until now.

Dear devs, could you please include this in your roadmap ?

Just in case anyone missed it GlassWire does have something like this for our paid version.
https://www.glasswire.com/buy/#Mini_graph

Although it’s not exactly identical.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the quick answer.

As a matter of fact I did pay for a basic license and I do like the mini viewer which, once resized, does show upload/download rates.

However, I would like to be able to hide this mini viewer from time to time and still get those upload/download rate values in the taskbar as suggested in the above posts.

Great app btw !

1 Like

@manubop

Hmm, maybe we can add a little “embed” symbol inside the mini viewer UI and when you click it, it drops the mini viewer inside the taskbar somehow. Thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

@Ken_GlassWire

Yes, that would be awesome !

1 Like