Program hangs on "Visualizing Network"

Initially it worked. Today I run the program it stays hung up on Visualizing Network. It’s the latest version. I reinstalled it. Still it’s useless.

Could you uninstall again, then go to your “programdata” folder and
delete the “glasswire” folder and then try downloading our latest
version and try to install again? Sorry for the problem.

Ken you already know the problem dont just say sorry .sorry will do nothing …its been 9 fucking months and you guys still are saying

no matter how many times we uninstall this and delete every residual files it still comes back in just 2 to 3 days …tell me how many times you hears this problem and answer the same answer again … i pity you guys

1 Like

Thanks for joining the testing group. I think you’ll be happy when we release the new version for you to test hopefully this week.

1 Like

I really want to be happy again Ken … so plz don’t keep me waiting ….and plz keep your words you said you are going to give me this week …so in a week plz give testers the beta they want and waiting for

Looks like we’re aiming for a Wednesday “testing group” release.

1 Like

Well that’s fast and and not that far just a one more day …I am ready too be surprised so do you have any spoilers for the new beta

I have exactly the same problem.
uninstalled and cleaned files multiple times - it works for a day or so and then hangs again.
Can I also be part of the “testing group” or learn what the solution is?

Thanks!

@Avner_Senderowicz Yes, you may join the testing group or you can wait for a week or so. We’ll have an update available for the public soon.

I have a new computer (Windows 10 PRO N x64) it has now done this 3 times in about a week since I set it up.
Uninstall & reinstall works for a while then stops (possibly after a reboot).

[[And your forum search told me this post was updated this year as it seems to do for all results]]

@dbareis

If you go to our top left menu and choose “About” what version do you have? Do you see a .dmp file on your desktop?

Glasswire Pro, Latest version 2.2.210

No .dmp file

@dbareis

Why can’t GlassWire connect to its local server and why won’t GlassWire’s graph load?

GlassWire for Windows has a local Windows service that runs locally on your PC. This Windows service keeps track of your network activity for your PC or server. If that Windows service cannot start then GlassWire cannot graph your data usage.

Please note your graph data never leaves your PC, and we at GlassWire cannot ever access that data since it’s only stored locally on your own PC or server. Our privacy policy explains how we can’t ever see your data.

If you are experiencing this problem first try rebooting your PC. If GlassWire still cannot run please uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then reboot your PC (this is an important step in the process), then reinstall GlassWire while checking its “clean install” option in its installer. You can download our latest software from our download page.

If GlassWire’s graph will still not load please check to see if the following Windows services are running in the Windows task manager:

• WlanSvc (WLan AutoConfig)
  • BFE (Base Filtering Engine)
  • EventLog (Windows Event Log)

These Windows services are usually on by default unless you disabled them. If you find these services are running but GlassWire will still not run please consider running Windows Update. With very old versions of Windows GlassWire may not run properly. After updating your device please once again try a clean install with GlassWire in the order listed above.

As mentioned uninstall/reinstall only temporary fix. Reboot doesn’t help. The Glasswire service is the first thing I checked, it’s always running. Restarting the service, then client doesn’t help. All my previous problem were with the service so I know what that looks like, this isn’t it.

New very powerful computer with WIN 10 PRO N with all latest updates.

Because of the known Glasswire installer bugs I always stop the service before uninstall and reinstall.

If required services aren’t running then that’s what error messages are for, please consider fixing Glasswire for this oversight.

I will try a “clean” install as I’m not 100% sure I did that last time. What logs are available so I can supply them?

SERVICE_NAME: WlanSvc
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

D:\TMP>sc query BFE

SERVICE_NAME: BFE
        TYPE               : 20  WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)

D:\TMP>sc query EventLog

SERVICE_NAME: EventLog
        TYPE               : 30  WIN32
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
1 Like

@dbareis

Are you using any other unusual security software that you installed before GlassWire that may be stopping our service?

Are you using a third party uninstaller? If so it will usually actually cause this issue instead of fixing it. Just go to add/remove programs to uninstall GlassWire.

It’s important to remember the reboot part.

Please let me know if it’s still not working and I’ll send logging instructions.

I am using Avast Free, I don’t use 3rd part uninstallers. I’ve done all that and Glasswire is working. I’ve even tried changing settings and rebooted probably 5 times since install. It’s still running. It will fail after a day or 2.

How du you know that is only glasswire foult. Maybe windows update changed something, maybe windows or windows protection find glasswire suspicious because of tracking data. I dont know just saying because i make updates only 2 times a year and dont have antivirus installed. Original windows antivirus is disabled too and i dont have that problem.

try unistal glaswire and download ccleaner is free. that will delete junk files from all apps that you unistaled and delete registy keys too. why not try

stil dont work then last chance that i know is program o&o ShutUp here you find hidden settings that you normaly cant change. is easy to use and program show you what is safe to change but stil is best that you read and find something that can help you. Or instal virtual machine with fresh windows but that is too much work

It would be a very simple world indeed if every user encountered every bug.