Purge outdated instances of apps from blocklist?

My blocklist contains an ever-growing number of duplicate app entries. Each one I have examined is just different versions of the same app, evidently due to them being updated.

My apps are largely not from the Windows Store; they generally check for updates themselves and then run the installer. But I do have some from the store. I have not taken the time to really investigate which ones are spawning dupes in case of a pattern…if that would help then I’m happy to spend the time but would rather not if there is an easy fix already : )

Is there a way to handle the increasing clutter of my blocklist? I can imagine some users want to retain these entries in case they revert to previous versions…but I don’t. Can I manually trigger Glasswire to just go through and validate that the executable for each entry is actually still present on my system, then remove entries that are obsolete? Or any other sort of housekeeping process?

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere; I did not find it in the forum or manual.

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. If you go to our top left menu and choose “About”, what version of GlassWire do you have?

Please note that GlassWire eventually moves inactive apps to the bottom “inactive apps” area after a certain amount of time.

I noticed the ‘inactive’ apps group and didn’t really understand what it did, thanks for explaining that.
Does Glasswire eventually purge that list, like the way my email app deletes messages in the trash after 30 days? Is there a way to manually delete apps from the inactive list?

@zambonic Mouse over “inactive apps” and a small x appears on the right side. Click it to purge the list.

Man, that makes so much sense but it’s a shockingly difficult-to-discover UI element. Or maybe I’m just starting to slip :laughing:

As for duplicates that Glasswire hasn’t identified on its own, I guess I can just manually “X” these away but it would be nice if GW found them on its own a little better. I have a few entries which are identical pairs – both the same version number – I am just blowing both of those away and seeing which one comes back. But here again, this is a pretty hands-on approach.

Is there anything I can do to help GW “learn” better about these old entries?

1 Like

Nope. I believe they are removed after 30 days of inactivity.

We’ll look at improving the UI in the future, thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Yes please allow us to bulk select these to remove— Removing them manually is tiresome.
Perhaps the remove window needs to be a User selection – like 1Day, 5 Days 15 and 30 ?