So as of yesterday for no reason Glasswire disabled it’s own Firewall and won’t allow me to re-enable. I’ve got a license for both Basic and Elite, and I’ve tried with both of these enabled.
The diagnostic steps I’ve tried so far are:
Completely removing the application, purging all system files and registry keys. I’ve restored the MS firewall to defaults, and downloaded a current .exe from the website. After restarting my machine I will perform an install, reboot and activate. After the application restarts, when i click the firewall switch it just flashes on then off, no matter what settings I have it on.
When moving to the Ultimate key I would repeat all of the above steps. Typically I would run an additional firewall on top of Glasswire, but I’ve since completely removed that from my system just to be sure it doesn’t involve that. I’ve used this exact configuration for several years now without any problems until now.