Some Firewall rules are applied wrong

@Ken_GlassWire

Doing more testing, deleted an app from GW UI and going over Windows Firewall settings, I noticed that:

• Inbound rules are fine (the app & rules are not there)
  • Outbound rules are fine (the app & rules are not there)
  • Monitoring, Firewall section is STILL having that app: “{GlassWire.in.app_756346716.profile_1.mode_2}

Restarting Windows Firewall didn’t remove it, restarting GW service didn’t help and neither restarting GW app remove it (also tried turning GW firewall on/off, didn’t help)

The deleted app still shows in Windows Firewall, Monitoring, Firewall section.
I cannot delete it from there (it’s not in the Inbound/Outbound rules) and I am not sure what to do to delete it. (Possibly restarting Windows will help but have not checked that yet)

So the next question is, if you know, how to reload “Monitoring->Firewall” section and why it’s not being updated automatically with rule changes from GW?
Could the “firewall API rule protection” preventing it?

Yes, I think it’s probably our rules being protected if you are using two firewalls simultaneously.

To solve the issue you’d have to probably uninstall both firewalls, then reinstall GlassWire with “reset firewall” checked. Just to be safe you could also go to the Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults” before reinstalling GlassWire.