It took some additional look.
Here is Firefox in GW shown us NOT blocked:
and just to avoid confusion with malwarebytes, I am checking directly in Windows system.
While I can confirm that “Inbound Rules” and “Outbound Rules” are set to Allow as per GW - that looks correct.
I found that the “Monitoring”, “Firewall” section shows the app still being blocked:
and then I decided to toggle the “fire” icon in GW (turn in on and off) and the rule changed and Firefox was able to access the internet:
So the main issue seems to be with “Monitoring”, “Firewall” section not refreshed.
Could be Windows issue (got 19042.985) or maybe GW
Interestingly, while testing, I deleted the Firefox from GW, yet it still stayed in “Monitoring”, “Firewall” section (and turned into “Blocked”)
“Firefox” is gone from the main window app but it’s not gone from those rules in “Monitoring”, “Firewall”
Even if I delete it!
I think it might be something to do with GW service. Just restarting the service sets the rules correctly
So it’s like the main app window/notifications are setting some things but the service isn’t correctly applying it at the time. Still, the deletion of the app in main GW app is still not clearing it in “Monitoring”, “Firewall”. (and the service keeps setting it back again after reset, it’s like GW service database and GW app database are not in sync)