The Firewall setting changes on starting

Hello Ken,

no joy - the newest annoyance makes the new GlassWire version to me:

While booting up the computer the last Firewall setting of the program will not maintain separate change from “block all” to “click to block”.

With all predecessor’s versions this was not the case: There these settings were preserved.

The setting “click to block” cannot be also changed immediately, but jumps over and over again from “block all” back on “click to block”.
Then only after several attempts it works again.

What’s all this?
I have completely uninstalled the program and afterwards have installed again anew (Clean instal), however, the mistake remains.

One recognises not least a good program by the fact that it one hardly notes it - is there a solution?
I would know one myself: Back to the predecessor’s version…

Btw, Ken: Is there, actually, because of the contrast poverty of the program surface a solution?

The weak contrast does not agree to my eyes so particularly…

Cheers

@Maschi

Sorry for the problem.

The first version of GlassWire 2 had a bug like this, and perhaps it has moved on to our latest version. A “clean install” only won’t solve it. You need to do these things:

1. Uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs (don’t use a third party installer please).
  2. Go to your “Windows Firewall” control panel and choose “restore defaults”.
  3. Reboot - It’s important!
  4. Reinstall GlassWire using the clean install option along with the “reset firewall” option check box near the clean install option.

Did it fix it?

“Did it fix it?”

No, Ken - it didn’t.

What can I do yet?

If there is still a current solution - or must I instal the predecessor’s version again?

So, in any case, this cannot remain.

Maybe something else brilliant occurs to you.:zap:

Cheers

@Maschi

Are you using any other software that works with the Windows Firewall API?

No, Ken - I don’t use any other software - except GlassWire.

And how does it go on now - solution “downgrade” - or not?

@Maschi

Our earlier version of GlassWire has an actual bug we confirmed that can cause this problem, so downgrading is not a solution.

Please email us with a link to this thread https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ so we can possibly give you a version of GlassWire with some type of logging capability so we can determine how this is possible.

Hi Ken:

**“Please email us with a link to this thread https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ so we can possibly give you a version of GlassWire with some type of logging capability so we can determine how this is possible.” **

Email doesn’t work:

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
**failed:*"

How do I get then now another version of Glass-Wire?

@Maschi

I think when you emailed, perhaps you added two dots to the end of the email address? Can you just type in our email address directly into your email client and try again?

Hi Ken:

I’ve typed the e-mail address with the hand - but it didn’t work again:

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

help@glaswire.com:
non-existent domain"

Can you send me a direct link to another version - “a version of GlassWire with some type of logging capability”?

Maschi

@Maschi

Oops, looks like you forgot an “S” in our name. It’s GlassWire with more than one S.

Thanks

Hello Ken:

Just important “S” - now it’s clear, why my problem couldn’t be solved yet: Without “S” there can be no solution!

Seriously: Is there, finally, a solution - the problem starts to irritate…

Cheers
Maschi

1 Like