Unable to create an account with Sign Up

Clicking on Settings-Account-User Info-Sign Up doesn’t do anything but dim blue Sign Up text.
I am trying to create a User Info Login, but can not. Glasswire indicates my Windows Firewall is disabled by BitDefender Firewall. Glasswire appears to be working otherwise! Fantastic.
Glasswire version 3.3.664
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-3970X CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Regards,
Speedy

I forgot to add:
I am using Glasswire 3.3.664 Elite and that every time I restart Windows GlassWire resets Appearance to Daylight Theme, but I use normally use Asphalt. Most other settings are as they where upon previous use.

Thanks,
Speedy

Hi Speedy,

When clicking the button to create an account, a browser window will open. If you have anything enabled on your device which blocks new windows from opening then it won’t open. If you don’t then please check all your screens as there should be a window open waiting for you to enter details and create your account.

Best,
Katie

Hi Katie,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am using Firefox Browser 123.0 (64-bit). Does Glasswire support this browser?
I have looked for another Window, but not there!? I looked at normal settings in browser, but can’t see what would stop GlassWire opening a Window. Do you know if a setting in Firefox to enable or unblock opening a Window?

Regards,
Speedy

Hi Katie,
Perhaps you could provide the url to create an account. The account login popup works on GlassWire, just not create.
Thanks - Speedy

Hi Katie,
After some local investigation, I have discovered changes in account login:
Old site url= Sign In
New= https://login-us-east-2.protect.glasswire.com/auth/realms/glasswire/login-actions/registration?client_id=portal&tab_id=uSFvxBU_eSE
Old site Login(Email) and password allow me into my GlassWire account management webpage
Unfortunately these same credentials do not let me connect to my account in current GlassWire App!
Regards,
Speedy

Hi Speedy,

You shouldn’t be navigating to the old site url, the app should direct you to the new site. Please can you try the following.

Reset the device ID:

1. Stop GW service via the task manager.
  2. Run regedit.exe and remove CloudDeviceId parameter at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GlassWire
  3. Restart GW service.

Then try and log in again via the app again.

Please let me know how you get on.
Katie

Hi Katie,
I did not find CloudDeviceId at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GlassWire
I did find it at
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GlassWire\full

CloudCurrentServer REG_SZ us-east-2
CloudDeviceId REG_SZ
InstallID REG_SZ E295F2B67ED02FAADE2092F0A2A05BCDB37A08BCC525DFC04F10C875C3346425

I have decided to remove Glasswire from my computer and perform a clean install. This has worked better up to a point.

Some history perhaps is in order! I had been using GlassWire since March of 2020 and had updated to Elite subscription 12/10/2021. My current subscription is good to 12/10/2024.

How do I get my current subscription in sync with my new installation? No endpoint is indicated on my account!?

Perhaps we can make progress without the ghosts of past installs. Thanks for the lift up.

Regards,
Speedy

Hi Katie,

Progress has been made. Both online GlassWire account data and application data have synchronized successfully. I am now going to share update with other computers on my network. Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Speedy

Hi @Speedy

Glad to hear it :smiley: