Unable to Remote Desktop (RDP) to client with Glasswire Basic Installed

I recently updated to version 2 (current as of this post) and I am currently unable to establish an RDP session with my client while “Ask to Connect” is enabled. When the firewall is disabled or in “Click to Block” RDP works. Once “Ask to Connect” is enabled the RDP session is dropped and no sign of the process shows up in the Glasswire Firewall tab. Additionally the default Windows Firewall rules for RDP are enabled and have no effect and an additional rule to allow any program from any network on port 3389 have no effect. Currently I have nothing blocked by Glasswire but many processes explicitly allowed by Glasswire. Any suggestions?

@thevectorinspector

I’m very sorry, this is a known bug with our 2.0 update and we’ll have a fix out very soon. I apologize for the problem.

Hey I appreciate the rapid response! It’s good to know it’s not me. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Just noting this here that this seems to affect RPC functions as a whole. Could not establish many remote connections to the client. Outbound seems to be unaffected by this issue, only ingress connections.

@thevectorinspector

Thanks! We should have an update out tomorrow that I hope you’ll try.

@thevectorinspector

The problem is now solved, please update: https://www.glasswire.com/download/

1 Like

Nailed it! Thanks for the fast response!

1 Like