Unable to Remote Desktop (RDP) to client with Glasswire Basic Installed

I recently updated to version 2 (current as of this post) and I am currently unable to establish an RDP session with my client while “Ask to Connect” is enabled. When the firewall is disabled or in “Click to Block” RDP works. Once “Ask to Connect” is enabled the RDP session is dropped and no sign of the process shows up in the Glasswire Firewall tab. Additionally the default Windows Firewall rules for RDP are enabled and have no effect and an additional rule to allow any program from any network on port 3389 have no effect. Currently I have nothing blocked by Glasswire but many processes explicitly allowed by Glasswire. Any suggestions?

@thevectorinspector

I’m very sorry, this is a known bug with our 2.0 update and we’ll have a fix out very soon. I apologize for the problem.

Hey I appreciate the rapid response! It’s good to know it’s not me. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Just noting this here that this seems to affect RPC functions as a whole. Could not establish many remote connections to the client. Outbound seems to be unaffected by this issue, only ingress connections.

@thevectorinspector

Thanks! We should have an update out tomorrow that I hope you’ll try.

@thevectorinspector

The problem is now solved, please update: https://www.glasswire.com/download/

1 Like

Nailed it! Thanks for the fast response!

1 Like

I’m Having the same problem with version 3.9.1102, accessing a remote workstation using RDP. On the remote workstation, It is current set to Firewall On, Firewall Mode “Ask To Connect”, Glasswire doesn’t not show any incoming RDP attempt nor does it provide a method to add it manually. If I disable the firewall, only then it shows the notification of the RDP connection, with yet no way, again, to add it as a rule manually. Luckily I tested this on a VM before deploying it to a production site. The million dollar question remains, why is there no add manual rule/function, you would think this is common sense for a firewall application in 2026…

Same issue on 3.10.1138, RDP does not work unless you turn off firewall.