Webcam Detection Not Working?

Just a reminder, please go to your settings and go to the “Security” tab and click “Camera and mic monitor” to make sure your camera and mic notifications setting is actually turned on. Also please remember this is a paid user feature only so if you are a free user your GlassWire won’t detect this at all. Thanks!

It’s set to notify–That’s how I got the first alarms for Chrome.

I’m a paid subscriber.

OK. Just to be clear, are you using the special version emailed out by our helpdesk or are you using the public released version?

Affirmative. Installed on both Macbooks.

1 Like

Hello Again,

Must say I am super impressed with the support you guys offer.

The version emailed to me has been installed (I had previously removed the other version) and it IS detecting webcam usage now under Skype, but not detecting Mic usage still.

I have emailed a reply to the helpdesk with a screenshot attached, hope this help.

Tim

As of this morning we have another update available. Please email us if you want to test it.

Also if any users with Windows 7/8.1 would like to test also to confirm it works for them please email.

This feature works as advertised for me now. Thank you for correcting this so fast. Support is golden.

We have fixed this issue and we plan to have an update out tomorrow for the public. Thanks for your help testing!

Fixed the issue too on my Windows laptop.

I never saw this setting in the “Security” panel about “Webcam detection” on my paid version.