Webcam Detection Not Working?

I just installed Glasswire, and about 10 minutes after using it bought a license.

I just tested the “Webcam/Mic” feature, but it’s not working? I make a call in Skype, even opened up the Webcam in settings and looked at my lovely face. But I didn’t get any notification.

Do I have to reboot for this feature to work?

I’m on a Windows 10 x64 Pro machine.

Glasswire Basic, v1.1.26b

Thanks!

This feature may be turned off by default. Go to settings/security and make sure it’s activated. After activating you can try rebooting. Please let me know if that solves it.

Sorry I should have pointed out that I activated it before I tried to test it!
I also have since rebooted but that hasn’t made any difference either.

May I ask what type of webcam/mic you’re using? We’ll try to recreate this on our end. If you don’t want to give any details about your hardware please email our helpdesk instead.

Sure, my laptop is a Dell XPS m1330.
Quite an old beast these days!

Info from Device Manager:

Device type: Imaging Devices
Manufacturer: Creative Technology Limited

I have TeamViewer on this PC if you want to remote into it and see what’s going on.

Tim

Thanks. I’ll discuss this with the development team and see what data they need to find this problem.

I’m having the same issue. The Mic detection doesn’t work either.
Glasswire Version: 1.1.26b
Laptop: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina

I’ve of course have performed the standard troubleshooting: power cycle, run as Administrator, tried different camera apps. It simply does not work.

1 Like

This question is for both of you. Did the previous version work correctly with the Mic/Webcam notifications, or have you only used this new version of GlassWire? Thanks.

This was a problem with the previous version as well. I think it was 1.1.21b. This feature is the primary reason I bought the Pro license :frowning:

Also tested using -> https:__www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test

Here is some info on my Camera and Mic:

-Camera-
Device Description
FaceTime HD Camera

Device Instance Path
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1570&SUBSYS_157014E4&REV_00\000000FFFF00000000

Location Path:
PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C03)#PCI(0000)
ACPI(SB)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(RP04)#ACPI(CMRA)

-Microphone-
Friendly Name:
Internal Microphone (Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 128))

Device Instance Path:
SWD\MMDEVAPI{0.0.1.00000000}.{4B02DCB5-C3E1-445F-BC54-A0B2063FAC40}

Thank you for your prompt response!

1 Like

I’ve been a Glasswire user for less than 24 hours at this point, so only this version for me!

1 Like

FYI I have just requested (and been granted, very excellent, prompt customer service!) a refund.
This feature was one the major reason I upgraded.
So I won’t be able to continue to test as I’ll revert back to Free, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread and update in the future when fixed.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I’m going to hang in there as they’ve been really fast at responding and hopefully they’ll fix this soon. If this feature works as advertised, it’s worth it. Otherwise, I’ll ask for a refund as well.

1 Like

We’re working on recreating this bug on our systems so we can fix it ASAP. Thanks for your report.

2 Likes

It appears a Windows update broke our webcam/mic detection and we’re working on finding a solution ASAP.

FYI: Its also broken on a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina running Windows 8.1.

Please email our helpdesk so we can send you a new version to test, thanks.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Macbook 2015 Windows 10: Camera/Mic detection worked in Chrome but not Media Player Classic HC or the Windows 10 Camera app.
Macbook 2012 Windows 8.1: Camera/Mic detection worked in Chrome, Media Player Classic HC but not the Windows 8.1 Camera app.

Thank you for being so fast to address this! I’ll do what I can to assist.

Camera/Mic detection not working on the Macbook 2012 Windows 8.1 laptop anymore. It’s working intermittently.

Malathion, Is this report with the new version I sent you, or the current released version?

I’ve installed the new version on both laptops and rebooted. There’s definitely progress being made because prior to this version, it didn’t work at all. Works beautifully in Chrome on both Windows 8.1 and 10.