What Android antivirus do you use? (2019)

This is a new poll for anti-virus/anti-malware (AV) apps running on Android devices.

If you use GlassWire for Windows then try the Windows AV poll.

I’ve now added a second poll for twenty other AV apps. So everyone will have to vote again, sorry.

Please select one publisher:

• 360 Mobile Security
  • Avast/AVG
  • Avira
  • Bitdefender
  • Doctor Web (Dr.Web)
  • ESET
  • ESTsoft (Dr. Capsule)
  • Hawk App (Super Cleaner)
  • Hi Security
  • Kaspersky
  • Lookout
  • Malwarebytes
  • McAfree
  • Psafe (dfndr)
  • Symantec (Norton)
  • TAPI Security Labs
  • Tencent (WeSecure)
  • Trend Micro
  • Other

0 voters

This list is based on the following criteria for each publisher’s most downloaded app:

For the second poll of twenty more app publishers, The main requirement is now 70% detection:

• AegisLab
  • AhnLab (V3)
  • AVL Team
  • Bsafe Labs
  • BullGuard
  • Check Point Software (ZoneAlarm)
  • COMODO
  • Emsisoft
  • F-Secure (SAFE)
  • IKARUS
  • K7 Computing
  • MicroWorld Tech (eScan)
  • Panda Security
  • Phone Clean
  • Quick Heal Technologies
  • Sophos
  • Super Cleaner
  • Webroot
  • Zemana
  • Zoner

0 voters

You should be careful when you are choosing an Android antivirus as the above testing revealed - Fake and bad Android AV apps:

• Don’t rely on download and review numbers. The most downloaded AV app has more than 100 million downloads but failed the test.
  • For the same reason, don’t rely on ratings. Most people cannot tell whether their AV app is or is not protecting them. Some are paying for an app that doesn’t actually scan any files or downloads.
  • Many publishers have more than one app. They can be almost exactly the same or they can be quite different so different apps from the same publisher can be much less effective.
  • Some publishers are difficult to check because they only have an email contact and no website.
1 Like

I selected “Other”, because I rely on Google Play to screen the apps that I use, and feel that an antivirus on Android is overkill, and just extra overhead for the CPU.

1 Like

Yes, that is a good point. I should have an option for “None” on this poll. There is one space free to do this but I can’t change a running poll.

So I will do that next year.

1 Like

I selected also “Other”, because i use Zemana at the moment.

1 Like

I use Sophos and Webroot for Android.

1 Like

Sorry everyone who voted already, especially @Belga and @j9ksf . I accidentally reset the first poll when I added a new second poll which should cover most of the apps under “Other” in the first poll.

1 Like

I re-voted. Thanks for making the poll!

1 Like

Must I re-vote following your message ?

1 Like

Yes, please vote again now that your AV is included in the second poll.

Bitdefender for as long as I can remember(PC and android).

Next time I must remember to make the results show all the time and not to make it show on vote as many GlassWire Android users don’t use AV.

1 Like

I am a full android phone user for the last 8 years and now I am using the Oneplus phone which lows in cost and great in specifications and security-wise.In the past years, I don’t use any antivirus, and it did not affect my hone any kind of security threat. Antivirus makes phone mush slower so I don’t think anyone needs to install any antivirus to heir phone.

4 Likes

Malware bytes. Same for windows

2 Likes

I use norton and Kaspersky antivirus for my windows pc. But i have recently reading a blog from tweaklibrary about How to choose best antivirus for windows.
You have not mentioned one antivirus advanced system protector powerfull software which clear all the virus, spyware and malware from your pc.

2 Likes

I now use Sophos AV on Android and have not noticed any slow down.

3 Likes