This is a poll for anti-virus/anti-malware (AV) apps running on Android devices.
Important: GlassWire or myself are not recommending any products from the publishers listed in this poll.
Click here to see why you should be careful about Android AV products
You should be careful when you are choosing an Android antivirus because there are Fake and bad Android AV apps:
- Don’t rely on download and review numbers. The most downloaded AV app has more than 100 million downloads but failed the test.
- For the same reason, don’t rely on ratings. Most people cannot tell whether their AV app is or is not protecting them. Some are paying for an app that doesn’t actually scan any files or downloads.
- Many publishers have more than one app. They can be almost exactly the same or they can be quite different so different apps from the same publisher can be much less effective.
- Some publishers are difficult to check because they only have an email contact and no website.
Although I have relaxed the 2019 requirement to omit potentially risky apps, I have still left out those I’m most concerned about. The criteria I used included the following:
- Security and performance is important so I chose publishers that have their main AV app score at least x% in the 2019 AV Comparatives test of about 250 apps using 2018 malware.
- More than x million downloads in Google Play store.
- Google Play store rating above x plus other reputation checks.
If you use GlassWire for Windows then try the Windows AV poll.
Please select up to three publishers:
- Up to three votes because some people have separate personal and work phones or use more than one AV scanner.
- Each vote remains public so others can see what you have voted for.
- This poll will automatically close one day into 2021. You can change your votes at any time before that.
- 360 Mobile Security
- AhnLab (V3)
- AVL Team
- Bsafe Labs
- Check Point (ZoneAlarm)
- Chili Security
- Doctor Web (Dr.Web)
- DU Apps
- ESTsoft (Dr. Capsule)
- F-Secure (SAFE)
- Hawk App (Super Cleaner)
- Hi Security
- MicroWorld (eScan)
- MYMobile Security
- Panda Security
- Phone Clean
- Psafe (dfndr)
- Quick Heal
- Super Cleaner
- TAPI Security Labs
- Tencent (WeSecure)
- ThreatTrack Security
- Trend Micro
- Other - name it in a reply to this topic
- None - I don’t use Android AV software
Thanks for participating.