Windows 7 vs Windows 10?

I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

For security reasons I think most people would suggest using the latest software, and of course the latest is Windows 10.

I have the Pro version of Windows 7 on most of my computers. Anyway, I plan to purchase Microsoft’s Windows 7 Extended Security Updates when they become available. I update my current Windows 7 systems with the monthly rollups one month later when I know what the problems were (earlier if I fear a particular bug). Windows 10 failed updates killed my entire file server system and all its data twice and I had to recover each time from backup. My main system for almost all browsing is now Linux/Tails.

Hello AtlSouthsider,

thanks for sharing your ideas. its helped to me. you solved my problem

It’s best to be on Windows 10. Windows 7 support ends in January of 2020.

Why do you not want to install the important safety and security updates, such as those that would patch the BlueKeep exploit?

Thanks Tarun for your reply. i got it.

Go for windows 10, it has made some advanced changes recently and performing really well from security point of view as well. As far as updates are concerned they won’t harm your work and disturb you again and again.