[wishlist] Per app bandwidth limiting

For me where this would be useful… I’m a gamer & streamer. I ran into a situation where I wanted to download an update for a large game in the background, but the game launcher wouldn’t let me set the download limit I wanted. I have a gigabit connection, and wanted to dedicate decent percentage of my bandwidth to downloading the game.

As you know other solutions do exist for this. I understand it’s not a simple task, but it would be a huge value add to your product. Especially for people on more limited connections. Of course it would have to be implemented in a way that doesn’t require a lot of system overhead.

It would also be nice to have the ability to set an overall threshold and application priority. This would be huge for streamers as they could dedicate a portion of their bandwidth to their streaming software, and games they are playing. Knowing that nothing else they do on their system will cause network lag or dropped frames.

I use Glasswire AND Netbalancer as a perfect duo.

With Netbalancer I can choose limit for max download (or upload speed…) per executable.

Atm im sharing a 100mbit line with landlord, and now that I just bought Flight Simulator 2020 (100gb ish download) I don’t wanna hog the line for x ammount of hours :slight_smile:
With Netbalancer I now have set max downlod speed to flightsimulator.exe to 6000kb/s so I dont take the entire speed of the household :slight_smile:
And Netbalancer have one other feature I really REALLY love that Glasswire doesnt. A tooltip icon showing in number current up and download speed :slight_smile:

Glasswire have 10 times better logging and I absolutely love it. But the feature to limit down/up speeds pr app, and having a live tray icon are the only two features which still makes me run both GlassWire and Netbalancer :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work Glasswire!

Glassware does not work at all with the flight simulator 2020. If you want to run flight simulator - you have to switch off Glassware.

Sorry for the issue. We use a Windows API for blocking, and unfortunately it doesn’t work well with Windows Store Apps. We are working on finding some solution but a lot of this is outside our control.

Woooow, it should be so nice :heart_eyes: