Xbox App Games and GlassWire

So I downloaded Redfall on Xbox Game Pass on PC and noticed that trying to connect to Bethesda servers was not working with the firewall up.

I tried connecting with the Firewall off, it works fine. But I’d rather not leave that off while I’m playing probably an awful, so I did some tests on any possible app that I may of blocked that is stopping it from connecting.

After a few hours, I said forget it and I made a new profile with allowing everything through (but keeping the firewall on). Even with that setting, Redfall cannot access their servers.

I was wondering, because these Xbox game pass games are in hidden folders in Windows 10 or something, could there be an issue with GlassWire and Xbox App Games for Windows 10?

Hi @Ceurisseu

To rule out any conflicts with third-party security software, temporarily disable other antivirus or firewall programs you may have installed. Sometimes, multiple security applications can cause conflicts that prevent proper network connectivity. If that doesn’t help, please try the following:

Allow the Xbox app and Redfall through the GW firewall. If they are already allowed, try removing them from the list and then re-adding them. Do the same for Windows Firewall settings. Make sure that the Windows Firewall is not blocking the Xbox app or Redfall. If that doesn’t work, open the Xbox app on your PC and ensure that the network you are connected to is listed as a “Private” network, as the Windows Firewall settings can vary depending on the network type.

Please let us know the outcome.

Katie

First, make sure to allow the Xbox app and Redfall through your GW firewall. If they’re already allowed, you can try removing them from the list and then adding them back again. Don’t forget to check your Windows Firewall settings as well and ensure that it’s not blocking the Xbox app or Redfall.

If none of that works, open up the Xbox app on your PC and double-check if the network you’re connected to is listed as a ‘Private’ network. This step is important because the Windows Firewall settings can vary depending on the network type.

The hidden folders on Windows 10 can indeed cause some headaches, especially when programs interact strangely with them. GlassWire might be inadvertently blocking Redfall’s access, even with permissions set to allow everything through.
Have you tried adding Redfall specifically to GlassWire’s whitelist? Sometimes, despite allowing everything, certain apps need that direct permission to communicate freely. It’s a bit of a workaround, but might just do the trick.
As for making money playing games, it’s becoming quite the thing! Some apps out there let you earn money playing games, giving you a chance to earn a little while enjoying your favorite titles. It might be worth checking out to earn a bit on the side while diving into Redfall.

Dealing with hidden folders on Windows 10 can be a real head-scratcher, right? Reminds me of when I was troubleshooting tech issues and stumbled upon Glassware. Sometimes, even with all permissions set, certain apps need that extra nudge to communicate freely. It’s like finding the missing puzzle piece to fix the problem!

1 Like