1.2.64b Data not logging (previous title was Usage view not updating)

Hello, we have the same issues with a lot of our Servers:

1.2.79 Elite

after one Day the Logging stops and shows Zero Bytes under Daily

We tried clean Install many times but no change, it become worse every day.

1 Like

@kingcopy

Are your servers local or on AWS? Do you use a third party security software that is stopping our service? We had another customer with a similar problem on AWS and we were able to track it back to a security software that killed services for security reasons.

Hello Ken, local Windows 2008 R2 Servers, no, on this one is no active Security Client, the Service seems to be running
even on restart the Service, there is no more Data until a clean Install, no way to bring it back to normal

The Counter shows entrys at WEEK , Month, and so on

EDIT: Wait, after Restart the Service again there is fresh data comming in… STRANGE
I tried to start the Service with a script every day, but no success in stabilisation

@Kingcopy

Can you run all Windows updates on that server and see if it makes any difference? We had one customer with a similar situation and after getting the server up to date the problem went away.

Another time we had a customer with a similar server, and his security agent was killing the service.

Ken, our Servers have ZERO Updates even the Framework is always fully up to date.
Now the GW Receives no more Data even with Service restart. Its now Fully locked.

How can we determine what causes This?

Please email our helpdesk with a link to this thread https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ so we can prepare a logging version for you. Sorry for the problem.

after the log stopped the Server causes a full freeze after 2 Days in this state. Seems some kind of Ressources exhausted but i cant say what cause because of no Response anymore. I Just remove GW from the affected machines.