Cannot connect to the local server and activation lost

GlassWire stopped working on my second laptop. It stopped collecting data between 12.47pm and 12.52pm today (4 August) and I only noticed it at 2.30pm.

It would not complete “Connecting to the Local Server…” when I tried to get it going again.

To fix the problem I had to end the GlassWire Control service and restart GlassWire.

It also lost my Pro activation code which I had to reenter once it was running again.

FYI, this is a different computer than the problem on my other computer where data logging stopped at 9.45pm on 1 August.

Did your computer upgrade to the new Windows 10 Anniversary Edition during the night/day? Sorry for the problem.

Mine upgraded, but I did not lose my activation or anything. I have noticed some other users did lose activation though due to the update but I’m not sure why it happened to a few of them.

If you need any Pro/Basic codes please email our helpdesk.

I’m still on 1511.with no upgrade to 1607.

1 Like

We plan to have an update out tomorrow or the next day. I hope it will solve the issue for you, but if not we have your email and we can send a logging version to investigate. Thanks for your feedback.

oh my god windows 10 being funny again.

Our update is now available at www.glasswire.com, and GlassWire is no longer in beta. Thanks!