[Update] Not sure what happened to the rest of this post, but I came back tonight looking for any new info b/c Glasswire’s behaving so poorly (in fact, much worse than when i started this post a few days ago).
Running Glasswire 1.0.25b on two PC’s running Windows 8.1 Pro.
On my workstation (x64 Intel i-7, six dual cores, 32GB RAM), Glasswire.exe and Glasswire Control Service routinely absorb 525 MB of RAM (331 MB and 190MB, respectively) and 18.4% of CPU capacity (9.4% each)
On my laptop (x64 Intel i-7, quad dual cores, 16GB RAM), Glasswire.exe and Glasswire Control Service routinely absorbs 247 MB of RAM (147MB & 80MB, respectively). CPU usage does not arise anywhere near the levels of the workstation, routinely running under .5%, I don’t understand this difference. The four dual core laptop (2.2GHz clockspeed) commands a fraction (3%) of the six dual core workstation’s CPU usage (.5%/18.4%).
Regardless of the hard to understand difference between the two machines, Glasswire is now in the Firefox category of obscene memory/CPU consumption. I ditched Firefox last year for this reason (and the fact that all tabs and extensions ran under a single process, rendering it both a resource hog and unstable when compared to Chrome). I realize that Glasswire remains in the early stages of its development, while Firefox was/is a very mature product, so I’ll cut you guys the requisite slack. Just please get it tuned quickly!