GlassWire Banned from Google Play

Our Android app is banned from Google play because we mentioned third party app names in our description. We said “see how much data apps like Snapchat use” or something like that. It’s not allowed and we made a mistake.

Sorry for the problem and we hope they will consider reinstating us.

1 Like

go to Amazon AppStore, F-Droid

We aren’t on Amazon yet.

:rage: Gotta love the little legalities in life…

1 Like

Well, there’s always distributing the apk from your own channel, the good old fashion /download page.

Granted, that involves the dreaded “unknown sources” install/update but I hope that doesn’t deter your continued development and improvement. Many of your loyal users can handle that.

Good luck.

1 Like

Is there any way to download it anywhere offically, because I had glasswire on my device and now just on the same day when it got banned I uninsyalled it. Now I would like to have it again.

Thank you!

No, but we may start distributing the APK separately after this happened. Sorry.

1 Like

Good news, we’ll be back again on Google Play soon!

2 Likes

And we’re back!

3 Likes

nice, now release the Windows one :wink:

1 Like

It will be out shortly.

oh, thank for sharing info

The Windows update will be out Tuesday probably.

Hey um, I think it doesn’t support Android Jellybean 4.2.x? I’m a 4.2 user and I think this app wouldl be very useful for me and other 4.2 users if it was available for us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

banned?

OK, now I’m purchasing a license.

Thanks @mito_mito. Please leave a review on Google Play if you feel we’re worthy of one.

@kelvinvalencio

We can’t support that OS version due to the features we have. Sorry for the inconvenience, I wish we could!

if it was banned, how come it’s still there?

1 Like

@mito_mito

It was recently unbanned. GlassWire Banned from Google Play

Hi all,

Someone else met the the same hammer with an icon pack apk. For Android O. Either it’s the name, Android O, or other people’s icons, no one is sure where the offense is. It’s no different than other icon packs. Must be some new policy that’s going to make lots of people upset.

1 Like

What a shame,but such is the problem with the os. Oh for a more open system!

1 Like