Glasswire can't connect to the local server

I said that becouse of the following reason:
I was running my old computer with W7, than Windows 8 came and I update it. problem: too buggy. bugs everywhere. on the desktop like for example 180º turned icons…
than I update to W8.1 and those bugs were fixed, and new ones came.

so here in my new computer I installed an original windows 7 and uninstalled W8.1. at least on 7 I know the bugs dont interfere much and are almost impercetible for me.

nah, I will let other people install it and than, depending on how the SO behaves, I decide if I install it or not.

best option.

OBS: my W7 is not that messed up, I only have around 15 programs installed, which is not much, I only have 50GB occupied with Windows + programs. I need them, because of my course or personal reasons. another thing: I installed Windows 7 x32 on a virtual machine. tried to install glasswire and the same problem occurred. so the problem maybe is that glasswire may not be compatible with my hardware or something.

That’s the nature of in-place upgrades/dirty installs: bugs and quirkiness.

It does seem like GW is having a problem if it doesn’t work on a fresh Win install (fully updated and without other software installed). What does Event Viewer say?

man I am so sick of this problem, that I uninstalled vmware, deleted the trial windows 7 that were occupying space, and I will no longer care about this problem. if glasswire send’s me the email with the modified glasswire setup, I will try it, if not, well, I always have firewall from windows…
other firewalls are too complicated, or i go and put the entries 1 by 1 or I let it do it automatically and let me be annoyed when my programs can’t connect to the internet, like the trial version of avast IS, I needed to put an entry every time I wanted to play league of legends, and that sucks… every time I had to erase the older entry and creat a new one to make LoL able to connect…

with glasswire or windows firewall I dont have any problem. or had, that was on my older computer.

anyway, thx for the help.

Dont give up Joao Rolo is just trying to help in a logical engineering type manner thats how I resolve problems too a computer is just logic until something upsets it and then it behaves non-Spock like (star trek ) . I never give up ,in the end you find the fault it just requires patience.

i know what rolo is trying to do, and I appreciate it, I know some IT, but not as much as you I think, I only know general things, I rarely use run>eventvwr (event viewer) for example.
the problem is that I already tried through VMware a fresh installation of a trial windows 7 32 bits I downloaded and allowed VMware to connect to the internet. but the error persisted.
I tried uninstall GW, re-installed it several times, tried defraging the HD, looked for errors in it, installed glasswire on C: instead of c:/program data (making a smaller path, I was warned that some programs need o be installed on C), I even cleaned my registry and HD, defrag everything (including registry), tried through a monitored install of glasswire and uninstall (to make sure everything was deleted) and installed it again…

same problem always.
I don’t have the skills to know what can be the problem, or at least find out the problem’s name…

anyway, I have a limited 30GB per month internet, making it 1GB per day, but I think I will download W10 and see if the problem is from my W7 or from my hardware. I will give 1 more chance, if I cant find the problem, well, I guess I will just wait for the email from gw support…

IN case I missed it could you tell me what is your main installed system ? I ask because you say you downloaded Win 7 32 bit to try in a virtual box but it didnt work . Why ,if you have Windows installed ( I take it ) would you need to download 32 bit ? I have Win 7 Prof. 64 bit and Glasswire works okay . Its possible that the certificate being presented to the server is in Windows " not allowed " category this in itself wouldnt stop other apps etc gaining access to the internet and can effect only one program . While curing that requires a bit of re-programming I actually have an example on my Windows part of my PC one browser (FireFox) is being blocked on various websites (not all ) Windows in its “wisdom” after going deeper into it has a folder that is scrambled and I cant change it. My other browser and all my LInux installations on dual boot and other computers (two ) with Linux dont have this problem . It makes you think and is the reason I am going LInux (along with other reasons ) but that is one direction you should try ,if not there are others .

I have W7 x64 bits, ultimate.
i downloaded to try in a fresh new instalation, just that.
I cant merge to linux, I had it installed in my older computer, but i need Windows becouse of office. the other suits even they can save the file as a word document, it un-formats when viewing through real office suite, and that cant heppen.

otherwise, I would have linux, much better.

Sorry taking so long to reply I was otherwise engaged in a personal matter . When Glasswire tries to access the internet and fails what does Windows fault log say ? Windows records everything you do on your PC and/or logs it or transmits it back to MS if you try again with Glasswire immediately after check up Windows fault log also check to see in Properties if its ticked as compatible for your own system I have Process Hacker and if you click on the app there you can go into another property box and check there too ,its a second level Property window . I still suspect its a Windows process blocking you I watch in cases like that Process Hackers screen to see any Windows pop up process which quickly "red cards " your app by making it red line and stop. This gives me a clue as where to make changes in the registry I do not think this is any type of virus .

thank you very much for your help!

I updated my windows 7 to windows 10 pro. now glasswire is working!!
I dont know what it was, maybe a process I dont know, but all I had was working fine, less GW :frowning:
I had also a bad driver, somethig about tunneling or something, that I corrected through the W registry, but even with that, GW couldnt connect.
than I updated my MSW to 10 pro and I tryed to install and it worked this time. maybe it was windows registry that was blocking it becouse I tryed everything less regedit becouse I dont know what I am doing, so I fear regedit. so, with the upgrade from 7 to 10, windows regedit was set to default or something, making the way able to GW work :smile:

thank you for your support!!

1 Like

Glad you have Glasswire working now . By upgrading to Win 10 and knowing that it wipes out most of earlier Windows processes I am sure thats one way of starting from scratch with Windows (you get warned before you upgrade ) Like you I still keep Windows on my PC (dual boot ) as it has some apps I need . Glad you went PRO that means you wont be used as a guinea pig while MS is still has work in progress on this system (you can choose whether to download "updates ") good to wait to see if they cause problems unlike Win Home users -no choice .

what?? seriously???
I had no idea… good thing! glad I had windows 7 ultimate!! and by the way, I downloaded the updates from windows update, and now when I go to windows update>advanced options it says: “never look for updates (not recomended)” but before was saying something else, a little bit weird… after the updates it changed to what I described and it’s blocked, I can’t put it to download automaticaly or ask to download. I tryed to look for updates and there are none, maybe it’s becouse of that??

You dont get away with lying on the internet Joao its the truth straight from MS itself but not fully explained to the general public but if you frequent business tech sites like I do you get the full agenda. If it says (never look for updates) thats easily solved in windows in the tray at the bottom right hand side you should see an indicator of the state of your updates/protection in win 7 and earlier its a flag . In my case its got a red cross on it signifying that MS has a problem ,I dont know what it is in Win 10 but if you click on it you can change it to automatic downloads its easily done if not its still easy to get it up in your programming by clicking on control panel going to system and security then action panel and change it from there. Warning this might vary in Win 10 but there must be an equivalent to access this.Its easy to make changes here if you have Win 10 Prof not Win Home . For additional info it was big businesses that insisted they must be allowed to control updates where 100/1000,s of computers are in use if left on Windows Home any update could bring down a whole company if it causes problems so they get Win Prof and above (enterprise )

IN Win 10 if you click on settings then =updates and security then you can make changes on Win 10 Prof. updates.

i didnt get the lying part, i installed my old windows 7 on an IT technic (if that is the name), he installed W7 ultimate, I thought it was pirated, but at the end seems not becouse I upgraded W10 to pro (officially through windows media creation tool or something like that) and put it on a flash drive and installed it. it seems genuine becouse W10 says its activated. I think is that what you were trying to say with lying?
__
yeah we have something like the flag, its a notifications icon, but there dont says nothing about windows update. if I could send a link, i would show you that the option is blocked, I can’t change it and at the top it says: some defenitions are managed by your organization. IDK what is that, I didnt change anything on the setings… I will go ask on microsoft forum, there the support can help me better since they have access to windows 10 infrmation, i think…

What I meant is that I dont lie ,as regards going to Windows help if they arent straight forward in their reply to you there is a you tube article/video in how to make changes to updates that involves the registry again only works on Win 10 Prof and above.

I solved my issue. windowsforum .com/threads/how-to-stop-a-windows-update-download-w10.212238/#post-647927
I put that question on windows forum and a user solved my question through gpedit.msc (i dont think W7 has it) basically, what windows 7 has as an option on windows update, on 10 is really hide…

if you are going to check out the thread, remember to remove the space between windowsforum and .com/

thank you for your help!

gpedit.msc is exactly the info in the You Tube video I mentioned and Yes I have gpedit.msc on my Win 7 Prof but I never used it for blocking Windows "updates " Apart from what I said about clicking on the flag in Win 7 to stop it I also went to the Windows processes that initiate the whole process and disabled them as well as the "trusted Installer "(not by me ) etc then the remote connection process that hackers use as well as MS to make remote changes to your PC + others .I have zero "updates " on my PC and its been like that for over 9 months…Be aware MS has an extra installer it keeps quiet about that makes changes to your computer and check if you are running your computer as a "administrator " or not in Win 10 that is hidden and has to be activated even so in a scale of 1 to 10 a user being 1 in the ability to make changes ,the “administrator” is a lowly 2 it is more a political sop to make you feel happier that you are in charge going deeper into it you find a whole host of remote users who have total or near total control of your Windows computer.

yeah I hear 'bout that. so that’s why I went to a website, called hackers Portugal, were I found a tool that corrects some privacy setings. you can find it on the link I provided, just use google translate or some translator extension… _http://www.hackersportugal.com/tens-o-windows-10-corrige-dezenas-de-problemas-de-privacidade-com-apenas-um-click/ despite the name, the programs dont have virus xd, they focus on privacy, like VPN’s, correct privacy setings, etc. its a very good website, it hink, I dont know any other option, since I didnt had the work to search the web ^^ if you dont want to translate for some reason, you can always see the picture, the program is in english.

Joao I use DNS Changer to get the fastest internet speed as my ISP isnt always the fastest . At the moment open dns (us) is being used on my PC there is an app on that website to close holes in Win 10 although I dont have Win 10 I tried to download it to look at it I was blocked by open dns (US) due to phishing in the app.

wait, phishing on the program I said???