Glasswire keeps creating dmp file on desktop

@GW_enduser

Please update to 2.2. I think you’ll find the crashing issue went away. If not please let me know.

1 Like

I have the same problem, the file GWCtlSrv.exe.5508.dmp is created on my desktop. What is the solution ?

@cseguy

If you go to our top left menu and choose “About” what version of GlassWire do you have?

Glasswire version 2.2.241

@cseguy

If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us the .dmp file. We can then review the file and find the cause of the crash.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

You will probably need to use a cloud system like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Please add a setup option to configure the dump file location. It just dumped and putting it on the desktop made OneDrive back it up. This sucked up a gig of metered bandwidth with no value added - irritating and expensive.

To prevent this I have turned off desktop OneDrive backup for now but one app should not force that to be required. Please add the capabiity to be locate the dump file in a local directory of my choosing.

Hmmm … I just reread the thread. If you don’t control where the dump file goes can you provide info on how to do that in Windows?

Thanks.

@jrpglasswire

Yes, those files are generated by Windows.
I found this page that gives a way to move where the files go. Sorry for the issue.
https://www.technlg.net/windows/windows-crash-dump-memorydmp-file/

Sent some files last night Ken via dropbox, unable to start Glasswire on laptop win10 2004, just blows up, have re-installed, no different.

1 Like

@Topper

Thank you. We will see if we can find the cause and fix it.

Meanwhile if you could update all drivers or any other unusual software you use on your PC that might also help! Once we found a mouse driver was causing an issue with GlassWire somehow. Once the user updated the driver the issue went away.

Dear, now I just sent the temporary file that the glasswire generates on the desktop, for your review and see if you can find the solution.(47 MB zip,181MB original)

@cseguy

Thank you. We will investigate.

Updated finally to W10 2004, however there is no difference, still unable to run Glasswire, oh and I installed again after updating

Sorry @Topper

If you want to email me with a link to this thread I can send you a logging version of our software to investigate the issue in detail.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Done, email sent to the contact email address.

@Topper

Our team is investigating. Thank you for taking the time to send the file.

Am still waiting for an emailed link to your analysis software, software still not running, still dmp files being produced in copious amounts

We should have a fix in the next update. I apologize for the issue.

When is that likely to happen?

@Topper

Before the month is over. Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the issue.

Thanks for the apology, but being without the service for so many weeks now leads me to suspect it is some sort of intelligence service security issue rather than just a simple programming error/conflict causing the program not to be capable of running, thus defaulting to the windows generic firewall which MS seem to control.