GlassWire keeps resetting settings

Hello!

GlassWire v2.3.374 keeps resetting its settings (Themes and Server List) on its own without any certain trigger that causes the reset. This bug has been present in older versions too. I’m on Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 / OS build 22000.527

Sorry for the issue. Do you use any “cleaning” software by chance?

No, I don’t use any cleaning software.

You need to upgrade your Glasswire. Your version is 3.2.374 the latestest version is 3.2.397 That might help. :grinning:

1 Like

I updated to the latest version. I’ll wait and see if it has the same issue.

2 Likes

OK, please let me know what you find. Sorry for the issue.

It happened again today. I’m on v2.3.397

Would you consider a clean install? It should solve the issue.

Uninstall GlassWire
Reboot
Reinstall our latest version with “clean install” checked

I don’t want to lose my data. Also, this has been happening for months and I clean installed it several times after clean installing the OS.

I apologize for the issue.

We will try to reproduce this problem so we can recommend another solution. If anyone else has this issue please chime in to help us find the issue.

I have a similar problem with Glasswire. The app auto updates. That’s good. However it unregisters me every time. I have to hunt down my activation code, or if lucky, it’s prefilled and I just hit register. But… I’m not notified each time Glasswire is updated. I have an unregistered, and incomplete protection version, cranking away in the background. Ain’t what I’m paying for.
Thoughts??? Can your great product update and keep the registration alive – like most similar products?
Thank you, Neil aka nemo

Sorry for the issue. This is different than the settings issue, but I agree it’s a major problem. I think I can help you solve it. Do you use any “cleaning” software like I asked the other person above?

I am seeing a similar issue as nemu with our Pro subscriptions randomly unregistering. I have been seeing this for the past few versions of GlassWire. I have done a complete uninstall and fresh install which did not help.

I know a few weeks ago I was having issues activating my key. Creating a firewall rule for activate.glasswire.com helped resolve the activation issue. Are there any other URLs that our computers must communicate with? I see an update.glasswire.com; Does that have anything to do with our computers silently unregistering?

One more note, I know this is a separate issue as well - I’m seeing in the about section of GlassWire I am on version 2.3.374, but in the Add or Remove Programs settings it is listed as version 2.3.397. I have rebooted since updating.

@mjhall @nemu

Please generate logs, then send them to me as an attachment here in the forum by clicking my name, then sending me a private message.

• First stop the GlassWire service in Windows TaskManager under Windows Services. Look under “G” in the list, then right click and choose “stop”.
  • Open C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service-full (or -lite, depends on the version of GlassWire you use).
  • Open glasswire.conf as administrator.
  • Set the following parameters and save the file by editing its text:

LogLevel = 255
LogEnabled = true

• Start the GlassWire service in TaskManager.
  • Repeat the problem. Please don’t send logs until GlassWire is deactivated again.
  • Send us the logs from C:\ProgramData/glasswire/service-full/log (or service-lite, depends on the version) We can then find the problem and suggest a solution, or put out a fix for everyone.
1 Like

This issue has been happening constantly for the past few days, it has become very frustrating. I hope you have someone working on this issue and not just ignoring it.

I can confirm seeing this also on Windows 11 Professional - using GlassWire Elite 2.3.397

The solution was

1. Disable StartUp via Registry of glasswire.exe -hide
  2. Disable Auto Update and Update Check
  3. Setup 30 second Delayed Start via Task Scheduler

Thank you! How to disable Auto Update and Update Check?

Also, this issue needs to get fixed by GlassWire team instead of us users trying to find a workaround.

Perhaps developers will enable users to bypass these with a future release and save the personal research on modifying the default settings.

1. Add a checkbox and timeout for Delayed Start
  2. Add a checkbox for Auto Update (do not Update or Check for Update)

This post is a little dated but the install parameters are probably still valid. I notice there is a /NORUNONSTARTUP parameter which might be what you are looking for (Though you already found it in the registry) - https://forum.glasswire.com/t/support-for-silent-install/657/9

My issue was a little different than your settings resetting, but my computer wasn’t actually sleeping correctly when I closed the lid. I changed to sleep after 30 minutes and have not had my key deactivate in about a week and a half. I believe GlassWire was getting too many “License verification failed” events while I was not on the network, and was auto-deactivating my key.

Just to muddy the already murky water, I am only reading this thread because GlassWire reverted to what I presume to be its default appearance this morning! Not clear what else has reverted although the normally on mini-viewer was off. To push the boundaries of credulity to the limits, it was during this PC start-up that the Glasswire app on one of my Android phones was being updated along with 30 odd other apps (I update apps manually once a day). No, I can’t believe that’s anything more than a random correlation but I had to mention it for the record. I also discover that I am still running the December 2021 version 2.3.374 which I thought was to implement/correct the auto-update facility. Just going to manually update to 2.3.397 which was supposedly available a month ago. Mmm!