Glasswire Pricing - Opinion

Your current price model for Basic, Pro and Elite, in my opinion are way too expensive.

I’ve already asked a few people if they would purchase at your current prices and all of them said “Nope, too expensive”

Just my opinion, but I would say something below would be more reasonable for those of us on a budget.

FREE = FREE with an option to donate the maximum amount of $10 (via Donation button), No technical support, Non intrusive “Upgrade Now” button in GUI. If a user donates, maybe offer an unlockable feature?
BASIC = $24.99 with no technical support, $34.99 with technical support
PRO = $39.99 with no technical support, $49.99 with technical support
ELITE = $109.99 with guaranteed technical support

I love your software, but please consider some price changes with some options as well.

Thank you

1 Like

Good suggestion,

I also agree something has to be done

https://forum.glasswire.com/t/buy-now-worth-it/1064
1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. We have no plans to change our pricing. Most similar products charge more money, plus a yearly fee. GlassWire is not a subscription and you are only charged for it one time. If you don’t like the pricing the good news is that you can use our free version indefinitely without paying anything.

People who join our mailing list may get special offers occasionally. Go to our download page and enter your email address there. Thanks!

2 Likes

Unless you’re talking about the enterprise side, I’ve never once have seen a similar product charge nearly as much, if more or yearly as you say (Not really sure what other products you’re talking about). All I’m saying is, I think you could potentially get more sales if you just lowered the price just a bit. But, it seems your mind’s are set on the current price model.

The Elite version of GlassWire covers 10 PCs.

I love your software and I think the developers are talented, but yet again, your product line is way too expensive.

As GlassWire has said ,its a one off payment that appeals to me the only thing stopping me paying it is you have to use Windows Firewall . GW has already given their technical reasons why they wont be using a Private Firewall but I have a comprehensive paid for full internet/virus program and firewall and it wont be getting amended as two firewalls which control not just one app in Windows case and my own app but the entire system will cause conflict. On the other hand a completely separate firewall operating ONLY on ONE app namely =GW would work. I have completely disabled Windows firewall as you cant limit it to one program (app) =GW-unless somebody knows better ??

GlassWire is great, but I agree it’s too expensive right now, specially when your country’s currency isn’t dollar, which, in my case, is Brazilian Real, and after converting to my country’s currency I have to pay almost 4 times the original value.

I would like to support GlassWire, but I’ll have to stick with the free version. I have subscribed to the mailing list and if one day I receive a special offer I’ll consider buying it.

Anyway, thank you for this awesome software.

Actually, if you buy GW, at the end it will be cheaper for you:

GW is 1 time charge, meaning you only pay the firewall once, IN YOUR LIFE, no payments after a year, 2 years, or 3 years, its GW forever!!

so, even if you buy GW, you will save some money within the time. lets put an example:

—I DIDNT BOUGHT GW—

so, I will pay, 60$ EVERY YEAR for a kaspersky internet security. at the end of 5 years, I would’ve had paid around 300$ for the antivirus.

—i BOUGHT GW—
I bought GW and kaspersky antivirus. totally, I paid 88,95$. BUT since GW’s license is FOREVER, I will only need to buy kaspersky antivirus every year. so, at the end of 5 years, I would’ve paid around 248,75$.

CONCLUSION:

buying GW and using a simple antivirus like kaspersky antivirus is cheaper than buying kaspersky internet security every year.

in a bigger picture:
at the end of 10 years: +/- 100$ saved.
20: 200$
50: 500$

So, you are saving 10$ every year. its not that much, probably I would buy kaspersky internet security anyway, but if you like saving money, than buying GW is the best option, unless you found cheaper antivirus with firewall included.

also, you, unless you want to install GW to the hole family, as you probably are like me, a simple user of computers, that knows nothing about IT, than you would never need more than basic GW plan. and even if you buy Elite, at the end of some years, it will make you save money anyway.

but in one thing I have to be with you: spending 200$ in a second could be way too heavy for a lot of wallets xd.
maybe GW could think about implementing a way to make people able to pay for example, 33.16$ every month for 6 months, becouse I live in europe, dollar is not for me, but maybe 200$ are not for all the wallets…

(sorry for the massive amount of text)

1 Like

Or you can use GlassWire free only for monitoring and Comodo Internet Security free, which packs an anti-virus, sandbox, HIPS and a Firewall with “ask to connect” and “block all”, all this for free.

I’ve had Glasswire installed now for a day and I’m happy with it. To be honest I prefer the buy now price module; I like the fact it’s not a subscription based service which is usually what puts me off firewalls as obviously you’re paying a small fortune over your lifetime.

With that being said it might be worth considering a subscription based service as an additional payment option as a lot of customers prefer this feature.

You could have something like this

1. Basic - $49 One off fee OR $25 a year
  2. Pro - $99 One off fee OR blabla…

Cheers

2 Likes

AS GW has said before they are not planning to design their own firewall although benjamin I like you pray for the day they do -on that day I too would be willing to pay a larger one-off payment just for that app.

I would prefer Glasswire to be cheaper - USD25 instead of USD49 for a single PC - but I don’t think that USD49 is an exorbitant price.

Like many users, I primarily use it for the attractive graphic representation of my network usage. I also use it for the alerts on application updates. Both features are available for free in other applications but Glasswire does a good job of integrating them.

I’ve never used the firewall features. I would pay USD25 for what I use but not USD49. If I actually used the firewall features then I consider USD49 is at the high end of the right price range.

I expect that if I keep using it for a few years then I will feel obligated/thankful to pay for a full license.:grinning:

P.S. I should have added that having a “beta” product makes it less attractive to pay for it. As a principle, I’ve never paid for beta products and many people I know have the same position. See the thread Beta at a painful premium at Beta at a Painful Premium

You’re swimming against the tide of software as a service business models, which makes your value proposition appear to be unsupportable.

1. Your software, while not web based, operates like a service (and is in fact installed as one on Windows PC’s).
  2. You will (most likely) continue to improve and expand the functionality of this service, and expect customers to pay for these improvements/enhancements.
  3. Almost all new software vendors sell their product via subscriptions, not licenses. Increasingly, the major established software vendors are following suit (Microsoft, Adobe, Intuit, etc.).

When I can get Microsoft Office (including Exchange as a Service, Sharepoint as a Service, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word) for $10/month and installable on up to 5 PC’s, or Adobe Creative Cloud (including Acrobat, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and a dozen plus additional apps) for $40/month and installable on multiple PC’s, or Dropbox for $10/month, installable on multiple PC’s, or Google Apps for $10/month, etc. BUT, Glasswire costs $50 per version per PC and we believe you will upgrade versions at least once a year (whether true or not, we have been conditioned by the software industry to believe it b/c that’s what they do), THEN your value proposition FAILS to measure up.

Instead, you most likely compare the value of your service versus other network monitoring software vendors that sell strictly to network operators, ISP’s, and enterprises. If you were only selling your software to that market, your pricing might be ok, but you are not. You have from the get-go positioned Glasswire as a consumer (i.e., professional consumers) and small business product offering. Consequently, your value proposition is entirely wrongheaded.

You should instead segment your market into individual subscribers (with a more affordable option installable on multiple PC’s) and business subscribers (with a minimum # of subscribers), with Dropbox providing a good example.

Let’s be real - the marginal cost/additional unit sold of Glasswire approximates zero, excluding sales and support costs. So structure your offerings to 1) position yourselves appropriately with your target market, and 2) to fully absorb sales/support costs and provide a reasonable return on your fixed costs of development. Otherwise, you will fail to gain significant market traction. There is and will be too much valid resistance to your current exorbitant pricing scheme.

Thank you for your feedback. Our team has almost two decades of software sales experience and we understand how different software sales models work.

It’s possible we may someday switch to a subscription model but our company is a year old and forcing sales isn’t our top priority. Right now our top priority is to improve GlassWire and to leave beta.

Also I personally hate subscription business models and I prefer to buy software that’s a one time fee. I think the majority of software sold today is not a subscription, luckily for me.

If you don’t feel the paid versions of GlassWire have any value you’re welcome to continue to use our free software indefinitely.

I didn’t say that your software has no value. It does, but your value proposition sucks, no matter how well you think you understand business models. (From a business model perspective, SaaS will always trump licensing due to its financial characteristics: steady, predictable recurring revenue stream, lower barrier to completing a sale, more consistent rate of software improvement, etc

Until/unless the value proposition improves, I’ll stick with the free version. Thanks for making it available.

The Glasswire folks have repeatedly stated that you are welcome to stay with the free version as long as you like. So why pressure for the ability to buy a subscription?

IMO, Glasswire is very reasonably priced for what it provides and I personally would not consider buying it as a subscription. It is not web software, it is network software. I see several people saying that there are cheaper or free offerings that do the same or more, yet no one has yet named even one product. Yes, there are many network managers with clumsy table-based interfaces that may or may not provide more function – and almost all are “free” trial versions with variously high subscriptions or they start at double the price of Glasswire. I have yet to find a usable graphical interface that provides the function I get with Glasswire – and I’ve tried many.

I run the free version on three remote machines… I bought Basic for my primary machine. I find that the ability to monitor all systems on my network and have a complete picture to be Glasswire’s major function. I essentially do not use the firewall options at all except for occasional reference. For anyone to say I can get this function cheaper and better with other products is ludicrous. Please prove it!

(Be careful that those “free” trials don’t dump unwanted crap onto your machine or leave difficult to find and remove modules when you uninstall. Something (I have no idea what) loaded nicely onto my machine last month and proceeded to damage unrelated functions which eventually necessitated a complete OS re-install. No virus or Trojan was involved as far as I could ever determine. Through it all, Glasswire continued to operate properly and continued collecting its data and providing the info I needed to help recover. None of my other network machines was affected, but the problem disrupted my operations for several days and caused the continuing usual “new machine” type issues.)

If you find Glasswire to be useful and functional, then the small cost is well worth supporting it’s “beta” releases. One of the best things I can do now, is to provide good and detailed feedback on any problems or on suggestions to improve it.

2 Likes

With the weak Australian dollar the prices are fairly eye-watering.

I wonder why there was no Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale?

1 Like

@voltagex

We sent out the Cyber Monday sale to our email list you can join on our download page here https://www.glasswire.com/download/. It’s over now unfortunately.

The Elite version you show is our 10 user pack. You may want to consider our Basic version which is lower priced and is not a subscription.

Having a desktop, a laptop and a couple of VMs to monitor already puts me over the 3 device limit.