Glasswire Service Problems

On my PC Glasswire yet again misbehaved a bit and usually restarting the service helps, but this time the service starts on crashing.
This is what eventlog says:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: GWCtlSrv.exe, Version: 1.2.88.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58611cc3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR120.dll, Version: 12.0.21005.1, Zeitstempel: 0x524f7ce6
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000a7666
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1548
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2620f74291bd7
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWCtlSrv.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\MSVCR120.dll
Berichtskennung: bb775e46-d83c-11e6-be8c-8c89a56d59b7
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Translating it:

Name of program with error ... version ... timestamp ...
Name of module with error ... version ... timestamp ...
Exception Code
Error offset
ID of process with error
starting time of program with error
Path of program with error
Path of module with error
Report-ID
Full name of package with error
Application-ID relative to the package with error
1 Like

@My1

Thanks for your report. I have sent this to our team so they can investigate. Do you use any ASUS hardware?

nah, Medion PC from ALDI (German discounter) from 2012 although I tuned it a bit (new case, more ram, more harddrives)
and recently I moved the whole OS to an SSD

my Laptop (Dell) (also tuned with Ram and stuff) got a OS move (from small SSD to large SSD) just the day before and GW works mostly fine there

right now this is especially annoying coz I set the firewall to “ask me mode” and while I do have my browsers and stuff allowed I cant activate PowerDVD…

1 Like

@My1

The team asked if you received any .dmp files? Could you email them to our helpdesk using a cloud service if you did?

since wie are using 1.2.88 GW Crashed the whole Network Stack on all Servers, even if the Service is stopped.
The Problem you Sirs become more worse.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: GWIdlMon.exe, Version: 1.2.88.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58611d19
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR120.dll, Version: 12.0.21005.1, Zeitstempel: 0x524f7ce6
Ausnahmecode: 0x40000015
Fehleroffset: 0x000a7676
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x31dc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d26be2eaf137a2
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWIdlMon.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\MSVCR120.dll
Berichtskennung: 8fbc0cfc-d927-11e6-a6d0-14dda9d526e3

This happen on FRIDAY The 13. The Whole Company was Down fĂĽr Several Hours. All traces link to GW related Files.

I’ll check when I get home (or VNC lets me reconnect). seemingly I completely overlooked the email, so sorry for the late reply.

@kingcopy

Please email us the dmp files if GlassWire caused the crash, and include a link to this thread so we can investigate. Are your servers updated to the latest Windows version? We had a customer with a Windows 2008 server (I think you have the same if I remember correctly?) who updated to the latest version and it solved the issue.

my PC is Win 8.1 and i iirc have all the updates in.
also since just the glasswire is crashing for itself it’s a good question, but still, when I am home I will look for the DMP.

@my1 Did you have no crash dumps? We need those to see details of what’s wrong. Can you email them (using a cloud service if the files are large)?

@Ken_GlassWire

I had Mailed the DMP Files over Sharepoint Cloud Link many days before, now after almost 14 Days the Links become obsolet, you did not download the DMP Files. This was pre-crash with 1.2.88 on DEC 31.

If you bring out a new Version i will install and Check. But unfortunately, im tired of Risking my Servers anymore after many Versions, i Consider to step down as Elite User and get our Companys Money back.

Glasswire was Testet many MONTHS before 1.2.79 and it was stable on all Servers, after this Time Problems Occur.

EDIT 3. : Now it even Crashed on my MSI GT780 Notebook LOL! after i let it idle for 3 Days. Win10/ 14393.693

I am at work and cant access my home PC now. as I said when I am at home I will look for dump files.

@kingcopy

I’m very sorry for the problem. I just searched our helpdesk for “sharepoint” and got no results. Could you private message me the email address you used to send the file, or just message me a link to the files here (on a cloud service)?

It’s a poor excuse but we did have Christmas/New Years so we may have overlooked the file and if so I apologize. If you could resend the latest dmp files for your desktop PC and for your servers we can figure out what’s happening and give advice.

For some reason I can’t find your email when I search our helpdesk for “kingcopy” and for “sharepoint”. I apologize for the headaches on this.

We work hard to make sure GlassWire is stable for everyone and we want it to work well for you and I’m sorry it was unstable in your case.

Youve got a private Message / 1 Day left to DL

@kingcopy

The team has been sent the messages. Again, I apologize for the delay. I hope they can figure out something from the dmp files and recommend a suggestion soon.

@kingcopy

Please try something so we can confirm this is your problem.

1. Stop the GlassWire service;

2. Open or create a c:\programdata\glasswire\service\glasswire.conf file with notepad.

3. Add the following parameter and save the file: enable_network_scan=false

4. Start the GlassWire service again.

Please let us know if GlassWire is stable after this change, or not. If we know it’s this then we can rule out other problems and find a fix.

where can I find the dmps if they exist?

but seemingly a full reset of the PC (it froze, but probably NOT because of glasswire) and glasswire runs fine again, for now.

@My1

They should be sitting on your desktop. Sorry for any confusion.

c:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf created and Testing on Server4 …

AGAIN 0B Day Traffic after exact 3 Days even with the enable_network_scan=false / This leads to Stack Overflow Crash if i Dont Deinstall the App. 1.2.88

@kingcopy

GlassWire crashed with the change made? DId you get any dmp files this time? If so please email them again and we’ll see what happened.