GW Elite 2.3 Things "No Network Connection"

Alerts neatly reports all internal devices that are connected to router and MAC address - no issue.

The “Things” tab though simply says No Network Connection - which of course is not true. Have played with Settings, Unlock and it has no effect.

@betir

Sorry for the issue.

Have you used GlassWire before, and did it show a similar message with our previous versions or did it work correctly?

Can you tell me about your network connection? What type of connection is it, and what type of device do you use?

All previous versions reported all laptops, phones, printers, Voice-IP devices etc. They all still report when first connection found in Alerts, just not anymore in Things.

Strange.

I am discussing this with our team to see what they recommend. We haven’t seen this error yet.

If anyone else is reading this and has the same error please let us know. It will help our investigation.

@betir

Please make us logs to help us find the issue.

How do I make technical support logs with GlassWire?
-Stop the GlassWire service via the TaskManager.
-Open C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service-full (or -lite, depends on the version the user runs). - In your case I believe it’s full.
-Open glasswire.conf as administrator.
-Set the following parameters and save the file:

LogLevel = 255
LogEnabled = true

Start the GlassWire service via the TaskManager.
Repeat the problem and wait a few minutes. Maybe try a Things “Scan” or two.

Send us the logs from C:\ProgramData/glasswire/service-full/log (or service-lite, depends on the version)
Contact GlassWire - Please include a link to this thread. Please include a screenshot of “Things” also if possible.

Thank you for your report.

Glasswire Control Service is running normal, firewall is blocking normal, unsure why you state that it appears already stopped … ?

Everything else is normal, all functions are normal, no issues, just the empty Things tab but even that is reported in Alerts with the IP address and devices are enumerated so can live with it.

My mistake, I edited that and it’s fixed now. I copied the instructions from a previous thread.

We would be grateful if you could send us logs because then we can find and fix the problem for you, and others. You can review the logs to see there isn’t really any private data there. If you don’t feel comfortable though after you review the logs then don’t send them.

The logs are only on your PC and nobody else can see them, unless you email them to us.

Version 2.3.321 fixed it

1 Like

I have the same problem. Things tab states I have no network connection, but I am on the latest 2.3.323 version. I am using ThinkPad notebook and possibly the problem is somehow related to standby mode.

@ementat

Sorry for the issue. Do the tips below solve it?

Why can’t GlassWire connect to its local server and why won’t GlassWire’s graph load?

GlassWire for Windows has a local Windows service that runs locally on your PC. This Windows service keeps track of your network activity for your PC or server. If that Windows service cannot start then GlassWire cannot graph your data usage.

Please note your graph data never leaves your PC, and we at GlassWire cannot ever access that data since it’s only stored locally on your own PC or server. Our privacy policy explains how we can’t ever see your data.

If you are experiencing this problem first try rebooting your PC. If GlassWire still cannot run please uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then reboot your PC (this is an important step in the process), then reinstall GlassWire while checking its “clean install” option in its installer. You can download our latest software from our download page.

If GlassWire’s graph will still not load please check to see if the following Windows services are running in the Windows task manager:

• WlanSvc (WLan AutoConfig)
  • BFE (Base Filtering Engine)
  • EventLog (Windows Event Log)

These Windows services are usually on by default unless you disabled them. If you find these services are running but GlassWire will still not run please consider running Windows Update. With very old versions of Windows GlassWire may not run properly. After updating your device please once again try a clean install with GlassWire in the order listed above.

I just noticed I have the same issue. “No Network Connection”. Worked on earlier versions, but does not work on 2.3.323.

All suggestions thus far have not helped.

1 Like

Sorry for the problem.

Our latest version is 2.3.359. Please try updating.

I am using it with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2.

After updating to version 2.3.367, I encountered the same issue as betir.

However, it was improved by restarting the glasswire service from the task manager service.

In my case, I can’t try to restart the system because the system is for the server, but usually just rebooting the system may have solved the problem.

1 Like

same issue here but after reinstall i cannot even enable my lic-key

https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Please email our “activation” email on that page so we can help.

Hi, I have the same problem. In the list of things, the devices themselves are not displayed, although it shows their number. The problem is fixed only by manually restarting the GlassWire Control Service.

How can this problem be solved?

Version Windows: Windows 7
Version GW: 2.3.374

Also installed programs:
Kaspersky KIS
HitmanPro.Alert

PS:

I did a clean install of GW, the problem disappears, but after restarting the PC, the problem reappears.