Issue with Glasswire and Flight Simulator

I keep seeing forum comments from the GWTeamsaying they are working on fixing “microsoft store issues”, followed by “maybe its fixed”…

Why dont the Glasswire Team just invest a little company money into buying one of the microsoft store products that doesnt work instead… eg “Grounded” or “MS flightsim”…
I suggest “MS flight sim” - the problem is pretty obvious, this product is popular and will be around for many years to come.

The firewall ask to connect does not work (latest version) … its an issue with microsoft store products… it is a result of the where these products are stored on the pc(i.e the security rights on the “windows apps” dirctory) and It is possible that it is unfixable (by the glasswire team)

1 Like

We have purchased some of these apps/games and we are actively working on an update. Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

2.2.260 with a clean install. The firewall is still blocking MSF, hence it is asking for the disc.

4 Likes

Still not working in version 2.2.268 :cry:

1 Like

Same problem here : ‘insert dics bla , with firewall turned on’
Is there any update about your coding efforts to solve it ?
Takes on the tour of your sweat and tears to find a solution !
Really interested into that :).

1 Like

I think this has been said somewhere else, but just to be sure - this is not only for flight simulator, but for other windows store games as well.

Personally, I have the same issue with Tetris Effect, Void Bastards and Commanche as well.

1 Like

Yes, we are actively working on this. The app store games work differently with the API we use, so it’s a bit tricky to fix it.

Same here. Glasswire has begun blocking my FS2020 with the “insert disc” message. Nothing worked except turning the firewall completely off. Awaiting for a solution.

1 Like

I just acquired FS2020, and half expected it to be blocked by GlassWire, having seen this thread before.

I am running GlassWire Pro 2.2.268, and FS just connected, installed, and ran fine. Then I realized that I was running the Firewall in “Click to block” mode.

Switched to “Ask to connect” and got the “insert disc” message.

So switched back to “Click to block” and next FS launch worked OK.

There appears to be some behind the scenes authentication of the XBOX Live ID going on. As every time I log out of my XBOX Live account, I am automatically logged back in the next time I run the program.

I made sure that I was logged out of the Microsoft Store, and was only using a local account on my PC, not a Microsoft account.

Weird! But the workaround for me at this time is to use “Click to block” mode rather than “Ask to connect”.

1 Like

click-to-block lets everything unknown through…
make sure you check through the list and block anything that actually did dial-out while you were playing FS

1 Like

True, but if you already know what is on your computer (i.e., no unknowns), that really shouldn’t be an issue. Plus I check the alerts and apps usage daily to see if anything new made a connection just in case.

Every executable on my PC has already been checked with VirusTotal, going beyond just the network connections that GlassWire checks. Sysinternals by Microsoft has a utility that can submit file hashes for all services, drivers, codecs, scheduled tasks, etc. by submitting each to Virustotal, and another that submits them to Virustotal for all running programs and processes. Hard for anything to hide from this. And I never download and install a program without running it through Virustotal first.

But that is a bit off-topic. I would really like Glasswire to not block Microsoft app stuff. But they have said they are working on it, so I’ll just be patient and do it this way for now. I find that knowing my stuff and what’s running is something I do anyway. Glassware monitoring is actually enough for me. “Ask to connect” is just a feel-good bonus for me, one that I enjoy but not a “must have”.

re zoom:" if you already know what is on your computer (i.e., no unknowns), that really shouldn’t be an issue."

why use a firewall then?

Well you evidently cannot use one with Microsoft Store apps… yet… :rofl:

Can we have an update on this
This problem is more than 6 months old and several versions of glasswire have been released since

Are you able to fix it?
if not then I believe your product needs a disclaimer on the purchase page that states glasswire does not work with microsoft store apps that require access through the firewall

Thanks for your patience. This will be one of the main features of our next release. It’s a bit complicated to support these weird Microsoft Store Apps.

I asked for and received a refund from Microsoft for Flight Sim 2020. Startup times and constant online connectivity and downloads required were ridiculous. Although it ran very well on my PC once up and running, it took too long to get running.

Also I did not like having to always be signed into my Microsoft account to be able to use FS, as it’s online nature is built-in. Typically I use a local account only.

But yes, there do seem to be some issues with Microsoft Store and GlassWire…

1 Like

Is this Fixed in 2.3.318?

Nobody has reported it for awhile, is it fixed?

Our next update will support all Microsoft Store apps in case it’s not.

1 Like

No, Not working in 2.3.318

2 Likes

@Trekky

OK, we will keep working on it. We’re actively working on this and I apologize for the delay. It was more complex to implement than we thought.