Issue with Glasswire and Flight Simulator

Working in 2.3.321?

Has this been fixed in 2.3.323?

Um… HELLO!?

It’s been so many months and I still have to deactive my whole FW to play this thing.

1 Like

Still working on it, I apologize for the issue.

I’m using GW 2.3.335, the Elite version, and the problem still exists.
When I run flightsimulator, I have to turn off the firewall. At all! Why do you need a firewall at all if you have to turn it off for a long period of time?

1 Like

Sorry for the issue.

We use a Windows API for blocking, and unfortunately it doesn’t work well with Windows Store Apps. We are working on finding some solution but a lot of this is outside our control.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I requested a refund from Microsoft for my Flight Simulator purchase. I have been a MS Flight Sim user for many years, and was looking forward to a new version. But…

The Store presents technical issues for firewalls, and the issue is even bigger than that. The part that really got me was that I had to sign into the MS Store to even use the darn thing! I refuse to have sign my PC into a MS account, and so, the Store is an issue for me. If it was optional, that would be one thing, but the fact that they require it is a bit of over reach, IMHO.

Sorry MS, but for now I’m sticking with my legacy version of FS X.

Maybe this will help: Allow Windows Apps such as Flight Simulator in firewall - Microsoft Q&A

I have shared the link with our team. Thanks @tnodir.

Thanks, but it doesn’t help.
GlassWire version 2.4.440 - the problem still exists.

I’m not surprised. The firewall issues are with the Microsoft Store and Windows UWP apps that have been ongoing for a long time… Apparently it’s a complex technical issue, or they would have fixed it by now.

UWP info: What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? - UWP applications | Microsoft Learn

Still dealing with this now! What is going on?