Privacy concerns about v3's data collection

The point of using GlassWire is to prevent apps from sending data without the user knowing.

Now GlassWire does exactly this. I cannot understand how the these cloud sharing features that share all traffic forcefully to some remote server were released without thinking about the implications of it.

When I downloaded the latest version, I was not informed anywhere of these changes of this new “cloud sharing” thing. Extremely sneaky.

Privacy based products are built on trust.

Who will guard the guards? Who will ensure that GlassWire is not sending any application, website or app data to its servers for advertising or data collection now that is it is forcefully collecting such data.

I cannot stick to the old version too because it will stop getting updated soon and security vulnerabilities will be discovered soon.

1 Like

Hello GW Team,
Yes, i to would like to know how GlassWire collects data. As an example from screenshot attached. How does GlassWire gather this type of info from “GlassWire Safety Score”
Does GlassWire send all our apps listed on our local PC, and then send to an external server to be analyzed and compared with other GlassWire users?
If this is the case i for one would like to have an option to disable this type of data being sent. And any other activity data.
Thank you GW team…

Bleach score

An opt out option is supposedly coming for paying customers. See the other thread for further details. It would be very easy to link the data harvested with other sources such as social media profiles.

I can confirm that you will soon be able to control what data you send out so you are able to decide what features you want to enable (or not) on your V3. It should be out within weeks.

Any cloud based feature in anycase is currently linked to having an account, in the sense that if you are a legacy user and don’t make (or don’t login with) an account but just enter your existing license code, no data is being sent out of your endpoint regardless of what version of the software you are on.

Once again, we are an IT infrastructure monitoring company focused on helping users manage and secure their IT assets. We are not in the ads business, in fact are we the farthest thing away from it, and we don’t do any harvesting of social media profiles.

Whatever data we collect is to create baselines for our users to compare themselves to, and help provide better meaning to the data they are seeing.

1 Like

Hi domenico and GW Team

Thank you, this info helps to get a more understanding in regards to GW data activity.

If I can ask as you have said “if you are a legacy user and don’t make (or don’t login with) an account but just enter your existing license code, no data is being sent out of your endpoint regardless of what version of the software you are on”

Can we have an option to turn off/disable the Sign Up (Screenshot attached)

in the settings, or somewhere please. If you don’t want to sign up as yet or at all, it would be good not have this pop-up to Sign Up.

Thank you

1 Like

Having to sign in or enter a license code also prevents me from using GlassWire (v3 at least) in Windows Sandbox when quickly checking out if/how much a program talks over the internet.

I know GlassWire is not a tool to forensically analyze network traffic, but in a pinch, and if you don’t expect something to be likely malicious, it’s great to get an initial impression.

@GlassWare yes, we heard it from a few users. We’ll do something about in either the next update (where we are also addressing the data permissioning) or in the following one right after if we can’t manage to squeeze it in the next.

1 Like

we are actually evaluating different sign in options, we’ll keep you guys posted.

2 Likes

Hi domenico
Thank you for the reply, i will keep a look out for the new updates, and the GlassWire Software Change List, so i know when do some further testing on these changes.