Stuck "Visualizing Network"

hanscees,

You can try uninstalling PCTools temporarily and see if it solves the problem but I have a feeling it’s not related. Please try the release coming tomorrow and let me know if it solves it for you.

Thank you.

Also the Problem here still updated to new version but it did not fix the problem…
Problem came over night… started pc and it did not work anymore… no installs or updates done … just crashed app.
Right now on 30b but all versions had it before (since 24 for me)

If you see anything please email us a crash dump that can be found at C:\Windows\Minidump. Our contact email for “bugs” is here: https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ Thanks!

No bumpfiles there.
Stucking there since pc bootet… Uninstalled fully and reinstalled
http://puu.sh/cO68W/55e529c260 .png
had to add the space because i’m “new” :wink:
ty
Greets

I will ask the dev team and see if they have some other ideas of things I can ask you to do. Thanks for checking!

1 Like
  1. Try to uninstall GlassWire, rename the C:\ProgramData\GlassWire folder and re-install GW;

2. Check the state of the GlassWire service on the Task Manager’s Services tab – it should be running;

3. If you have a third party firewall please try turning it off.

4. If the problem still persists and the GlassWire service is running, please try to shutdown the GlassWire application (tray icon menu->exit) and then launch it again.

There was a Problem renaming the Folder. A File “GeoIP.dat” was opened in the GlasswireControllService. I uninstalled and rebooted after, but the process was still there… I Kicked it with the Taskmanager and renamed as called…
It works. Thank you. Thanks for this awesome support!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem with version 1.0.30b. What I tried to do:

• uninstall
  • remove folder GlassWire (it was locked, so I unlock it)
  • reinstall. Still stuck.
  • “net start gwdrv” says “Service already running”
  • I stop Kaspersky firewall, still stuck
  • A lot of restarts and reinstalls… still stuck.

Any advice, please? Thank you

Same problem here with v1.0.30 beta.
Tried everything already suggested, but still stuck at “Visualizing network…”.

I will see if our development team has some more ideas.

If anyone is still having this problem please try the following and let me know your results:

1. Open the Services tab at the Task manager and stop the GlassWire service (the status should become Stopped);

2. If the service is not stopping, you should terminate the process GWCtlSrv.exe;

3. Rename C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service folder;

4. Uninstall GlassWire via the uninstall.exe;

5. Reboot;

6. Install GW.

Great, thank you a lot. It works!

1 Like

Without any changes, after some days suddenly working as expected again.

1 Like

I’m seeing that this has been a problem, although the last post was 355 days ago. I just installed the new version (after being constantly reminded/harassed to do so) and now it doesn’t work. I have tried uninstalling it, deleting the program file and reinstalling it. I also tried re-activating with my original key code which was accepted. Now it’s just hanging there “visualizing the network”. I saw a post here that this was a problem a year ago and that you were working on it. I installed the original version (at the time I purchased it) when my operating system was Windows 8.1. I just updated to 10 about 2 weeks ago. So the update was done on a new O/S. Help

Please try doing another reinstall, but this time before reinstalling go to your “ProgramData” folder and delete the GlassWire folder.

Meanwhile we’re working on a major update that will solve this problem permanently for everyone. I apologize for the delay.

I did what you asked. I even removed the setup file, rebooted and downloaded it again. I’m still getting the same error message. Is there some way I can go back to the previous version until this is fixed?

Can you right click the Windows taskbar and choose “Task Manager” then choose “More details” then click “Services” then find the GlassWire service and choose “Start”?

That worked for me.
Thanks

1 Like

Ken - I sent you an e-mail on 11/26 letting you know that my problem had not been resolved. I received the announcement of the update version today. Did the same things as before, uninstalled through control panel, deleted the glasswire fold and did a full reboot of the computer. I have just installed the new version and it has the exact same problem. I’ve asked a couple times if there is some way that I can install an older version that actually worked and have not seen any response to this. thank you

Sorry for the problem @scottishlass2000. Is it possible you’re using another third party antivirus that could be putting the GlassWire driver in quarantine?

Could you try doing one more install and making sure you delete the “GlassWire” folder in the “ProgramData” folder? Sorry for the problem.