Stuck "Visualizing Network"

Hello,

We need some help to solve this. Could you run the Windows Command Prompt as “administrator” and type “net start gwdrv” (without quotes). What message will you see on this command? Normally it should say “The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.”

1 Like

Also please add the log.conf file to the c:\programdata\glasswire\service folder. Please put following string to the log.conf:
log_path=c:\programdata\glasswire\service\log

Try to restart the Glasswire service. The log.conf file enables the logs, which will be stored at the c:\programdata\glasswire\service\log folder. Please provide us the logs, this will help us a lot in resolving this issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @RichieRoe !

I followed your instructions and here is the log file’s content:

18:59:27.0 [EVENT] Service initialization.
18:59:27.1 [EVENT] Log configuration file loaded: C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\log.conf
18:59:27.2 [EVENT] Loading configuration.
18:59:27.3 [EVENT] Main configuration file not found, using default settings
18:59:27.4 [EVENT] Database storage path C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\glasswire.db
18:59:27.5 [EVENT] GeoIP storage path C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\GeoIP.dat
18:59:27.6 [EVENT] Type storage path C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\storage.db
18:59:27.7 [EVENT] Configuration loading done.
18:59:27.8 [EVENT] Loading main storage: C:\ProgramData\Glasswire\service\glasswire.db
18:59:27.9 [HINT] Thread STARTED: DATABASE (Database manager thread), pid=6248, action = 0
18:59:28.10 [HINT] Thread STOPPED: DATABASE (Database manager thread), pid=6248, action = 0

The command “net start gwdrv” gives me a message (in french) saying that the service name is invalid. Is this because my windows is a french version maybe ?

Same as you, 1.0.23b. Though, I’m on win7 x64.

Hi @MerlinDuChaos!

I think we have localized the issue with your assistance, but could you please help us again.
Please open the C:\program files (x86)\GlassWire\driver\x64\ (or x86 depending on your platform). Create a .bat file there with the following instructions:

@ECHO OFF

set catfile=gwdrv.cat
set drvfile=gwdrv.sys
set inffile=gwdrv.inf

echo Installing driver

echo Copying Bins from .\ to %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\
copy %catfile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\%catfile%
copy %inffile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\%inffile%
copy %drvfile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\%drvfile%
echo Done

echo Registering driver
RunDLL32.Exe syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\%inffile%
echo Done

net start gwdrv

Save the file and then run it as Administrator.
What will be the output? If everything is ok, it should say:

Installing driver
Copying Bins from .\ to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\
    1 file(s) copied.
    1 file(s) copied.
    1 file(s) copied.
Done
Registering driver
Done

The GlassWire Driver service was started successfully.

Thanks!

It works !

Just for the records (if anybody has the same problem as me when running the bat file), I just had to prefix the call to rundll32 and net with %WinDir%\System32\ path (maybe an environment variable not set at my side).

So the bat file I used is the following:

@ECHO OFF

set catfile=gwdrv.cat
set drvfile=gwdrv.sys
set inffile=gwdrv.inf

echo Installing driver

echo Copying Bins from .\ to %WinDir%\System32\Drivers
copy %catfile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers%catfile%
copy %inffile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers%inffile%
copy %drvfile% %WinDir%\System32\Drivers%drvfile%
echo Done

echo Registering driver
%WinDir%\System32\RunDLL32.Exe syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 %WinDir%

\System32\Drivers%inffile%
echo Done

%WinDir%\System32\net start gwdrv

Thanks for your help, I’ll test the software now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great!
We’ll fix this in our installer and the new version will include this fix.

Thanks for your patience and help!

1 Like

Please try this just released update https://www.glasswire.com/download/ and see if it fixes it.

GlassWire now works fine…

I’ll recommend everyone to update to 1.0.24 :smiley:

1 Like

Also please upload this version on Softpedia and other File Download sites, as it’s an important update…

Most download sites still show 1.0.23

These sites usually auto-update after checking our website but sometimes they are slow. I’m glad your problem is fixed!

It works now, thanks!

2 Likes

The latest update works perfect! All previous problems I reported no longer occur. Thanks Glasswire team and those in the thread that helped provide information.

1 Like

I am afraid I have this problem using glasswire 1.028b I have windows 7 64bit

I use pctools firewall. Should I uninstall that?

hanscees,

You can try uninstalling PCTools temporarily and see if it solves the problem but I have a feeling it’s not related. Please try the release coming tomorrow and let me know if it solves it for you.

Thank you.

Also the Problem here still updated to new version but it did not fix the problem…
Problem came over night… started pc and it did not work anymore… no installs or updates done … just crashed app.
Right now on 30b but all versions had it before (since 24 for me)

If you see anything please email us a crash dump that can be found at C:\Windows\Minidump. Our contact email for “bugs” is here: https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ Thanks!

No bumpfiles there.
Stucking there since pc bootet… Uninstalled fully and reinstalled
http://puu.sh/cO68W/55e529c260 .png
had to add the space because i’m “new” :wink:
ty
Greets

I will ask the dev team and see if they have some other ideas of things I can ask you to do. Thanks for checking!

1 Like
  1. Try to uninstall GlassWire, rename the C:\ProgramData\GlassWire folder and re-install GW;

2. Check the state of the GlassWire service on the Task Manager’s Services tab – it should be running;

3. If you have a third party firewall please try turning it off.

4. If the problem still persists and the GlassWire service is running, please try to shutdown the GlassWire application (tray icon menu->exit) and then launch it again.