Stuck "Visualizing Network"

There was a Problem renaming the Folder. A File “GeoIP.dat” was opened in the GlasswireControllService. I uninstalled and rebooted after, but the process was still there… I Kicked it with the Taskmanager and renamed as called…
It works. Thank you. Thanks for this awesome support!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem with version 1.0.30b. What I tried to do:

• uninstall
  • remove folder GlassWire (it was locked, so I unlock it)
  • reinstall. Still stuck.
  • “net start gwdrv” says “Service already running”
  • I stop Kaspersky firewall, still stuck
  • A lot of restarts and reinstalls… still stuck.

Any advice, please? Thank you

Same problem here with v1.0.30 beta.
Tried everything already suggested, but still stuck at “Visualizing network…”.

I will see if our development team has some more ideas.

If anyone is still having this problem please try the following and let me know your results:

1. Open the Services tab at the Task manager and stop the GlassWire service (the status should become Stopped);

2. If the service is not stopping, you should terminate the process GWCtlSrv.exe;

3. Rename C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service folder;

4. Uninstall GlassWire via the uninstall.exe;

5. Reboot;

6. Install GW.

Great, thank you a lot. It works!

1 Like

Without any changes, after some days suddenly working as expected again.

1 Like

I’m seeing that this has been a problem, although the last post was 355 days ago. I just installed the new version (after being constantly reminded/harassed to do so) and now it doesn’t work. I have tried uninstalling it, deleting the program file and reinstalling it. I also tried re-activating with my original key code which was accepted. Now it’s just hanging there “visualizing the network”. I saw a post here that this was a problem a year ago and that you were working on it. I installed the original version (at the time I purchased it) when my operating system was Windows 8.1. I just updated to 10 about 2 weeks ago. So the update was done on a new O/S. Help

Please try doing another reinstall, but this time before reinstalling go to your “ProgramData” folder and delete the GlassWire folder.

Meanwhile we’re working on a major update that will solve this problem permanently for everyone. I apologize for the delay.

I did what you asked. I even removed the setup file, rebooted and downloaded it again. I’m still getting the same error message. Is there some way I can go back to the previous version until this is fixed?

Can you right click the Windows taskbar and choose “Task Manager” then choose “More details” then click “Services” then find the GlassWire service and choose “Start”?

That worked for me.
Thanks

1 Like

Ken - I sent you an e-mail on 11/26 letting you know that my problem had not been resolved. I received the announcement of the update version today. Did the same things as before, uninstalled through control panel, deleted the glasswire fold and did a full reboot of the computer. I have just installed the new version and it has the exact same problem. I’ve asked a couple times if there is some way that I can install an older version that actually worked and have not seen any response to this. thank you

Sorry for the problem @scottishlass2000. Is it possible you’re using another third party antivirus that could be putting the GlassWire driver in quarantine?

Could you try doing one more install and making sure you delete the “GlassWire” folder in the “ProgramData” folder? Sorry for the problem.

My antivirus is McAfee…I had it before this problem started and I have no other virus or malware programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled…with removing the GlassWire folder each time as well as the setup file that I had used for the last installation. I don’t even remember how many times I have done this so I don’t see any reason to try again. I have also gone to task manager to make sure that GlassWire is running when it is “visualizing network” through eternity. :slight_smile: It is very confusing why this is happening now…outside of the update (prior to this new one) has something in it causing the problem. I am running Windows 10 as my o/s, but it was already installed and GlassWire was working on it until the update. Again, is there any way I can install the version from 3 updates back?

I don’t think installing an older version would solve your problem unfortunately. Let me see if our dev team has some ideas. Can you see how much memory is free on your computer by checking the task manager?

Only 19% of memory is being used. You said you don’t think an older version will solve the problem. Is there a reason it can’t at least be tried and ruled out?

What is the version number that you need?
https://www.glasswire.com/changes/

Yikes…that was wiped up with the version prior to the newest one…so the third version back?? As you know, the version you’re installing removes the one that is currently on the machine…so I would have to depend on your history of the product.

Please email our helpdesk with the version number you think that will fix the problem and we’ll try to send it to you, but I don’t think it will solve your problem unfortunately. It’s not usual for someone doing a clean install to have this problem. Could it be a third party software that’s blocking our service? Are you using any security software that may be giving an error about GlassWire, or blocking the service from starting? Sorry about the problem.