Stuck "Visualizing Network"

I don’t have any 3rd party software for virus, malware, firewalls, etc. As for which version do I want…I’m hoping your programmers/company keep track of that. It would be the 3rd version back from the existing one.

I am now getting a new error message.

Please try uninstalling GlassWire, then reinstalling and see if that solves it. Sorry for the problem.

Nope, not gonna do it. I’ve done this well over 10 times…totally cleaning the program off my system. I’m thinking that the rest of my thread has disappeared because you keep telling me to do this…over and over again. At one point you were going to refer the problem to your programming technichians. Was this done? Will they contact me?

@scottishlass2000
I’m sorry, I should have scrolled up higher and noticed I already suggested the reinstall. I’m sorry I sounded like a broken record.

I think this problem is due to high memory usage. We are currently working on rewriting a large part of GlassWire to permanently fix this problem and we hope to have the update done before the month is over.

1 Like

Just advising you that I had the problem where GlassWire is stuck “Visualizing network”. I could not navigate the tabs in the main dialog. Unlike the original post, the settings were active.The correct number of alerts was displayed on the alert tab and notification area icon (what used to be called the system tray icon).

I’m running free GlassWire 1.1.39b on 64-bit Windows 10 Pro version 1511. GlassWire Control Service and GlassWire Computer Idle Monitor are running as is Windows Firewall.

The problem first occurred today when I started my system after 11 days powered off. The problem disappeared after restarting my system two more times. The only obvious change was that I was originally connected on WiFi but the latter two restarts were cable connected.

1 Like

FYI, I realized that another difference from my usual use of GlassWire is that I was using a non-administrator account which I had not used before with GlassWire. The problem occurred after I logged out and logged back in on the administrator account.

I repeated what I did yesterday and couldn’t replicate the problem.

1 Like

Still having this problem, when will we see a proper update feature that doesn’t require us to uninstall, install, activate?

@Blofeld Sorry about the problem. Could you give more information about what GlassWire version you’re using? Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About”.

As we move from a different database structure in 1.2 from 1.1, if you’re having this issue an uninstall, reboot, and clean reinstall should solve the problem. Then as more users migrate to 1.2 this problem should go away.

Another reason for this problem is that some antivirus products give false positives and stop our service from running. If you see an alert from your antivirus along with GlassWire’s graph not working then that may have been what happened. If that’s the case please let us know what antivirus you’re using so we can ask them to update their white list.

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

using 1.2.64b.

Didn’t notice any alert from Avast.

Did uninstalling, rebooting and doing a clean install help? Sorry for the problem.

Yes, and I also had to activate again.

Have this problem again using 1.2.64b on Windows 10.

The following information may not be but who knows:

I was restarting after working on another network. I have done this many times without any problem. The sequence of actions was:

• Shutdown on my home network - GlassWire was working fine.
  • Started at a different location with a different network - did not check that GlassWire was running OK.
  • Shutdown.
  • Started on my home network - GlassWire is stuck “Visualizing network…”

It may be a coincidence that “The GlassWire service stopped running” on my other computer which is a remote server and remote client to my main computer. “Restart GlassWire” does not work so I am going to reboot.
Edit: This problem started 29 May between 14:00 and 14:05. It appears unrelated.

I have this problem again when GlassWire stops logging data and I then Exit and run GlassWire from the Start menu:

Again, the two computers develop problems on the same day. It seems more likely that the failures are related but not tightly coupled.

These problems have been going on for almost 2 years without a fix?

I just installed GlassWire yesterday and this morning when started, it went into the visualizing network routine. I went to the task manager, ended the GlassWire process, then restarted it. Seems to be working fine now.

With all these problems,what assurance do we have that we are getting accurate usage figures from it?

Hello @Herb_Rapoza

If the GlassWire service is quit then GlassWire isn’t reading any usage at all, so your usage is not accurate.

Are you seeing this error a lot? Have you tried doing a clean install? This problem seems to be left over from our older GlassWire versions, but usually doing a clean install solves it.

If that doesn’t solve the problem please email us https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ and we’ll ask you to send us some logs to figure out why the service is quitting with your PC. Do you use Nahimic audio software by chance? If so they just released an update that should solve this problem.

Like I said, I just installed it yesterday. I didn’t say it quit, I said when I started it this morning it went into “visualizing network” and wouldn’t do anything else. I haven’t seen this error often because this is only the second time I’ve run it.

I was pretty sure that if it isn’t running it’snot reading usage, what I asked was, if it’s had so many problems, how do we know how accurate it is?

Please email us if you feel comfortable trying a version that would allow you to email us some logs, then we can figure out what happened.

It’s rare for GlassWire’s service to randomly quit.

Our service doesn’t start again once it is quit, so if your GlassWire is working then it is accurate. If your service has quit then of course your stats would not be accurate since GlassWire wouldn’t be collecting any data.

If you have any debug logs on your desktop from the crash please email those if possible. Thanks.

I haven’t had this problem since upgrading from 1.2.64b to newer versions right up to 1.2.73

I have been attempting to recreate the conditions that I thought might have been causing the issue. That didn’t reproduce the “Visualizing network” problem so I’ve no idea why it has happened. But as it appears to be intermittent it might still recur.

1 Like

I expected this problem to occur again and it finally appeared on 1.2.73.

The circumstances are the same as at least two other times that I’m certain of:

The only difference this time was that I didn’t check GlassWire for at least 12 hours after restarting my computer.

I’ve just realized that the screenshot shows GlassWire as “not responding” to Windows. I don’t know if that was the case in the past.