UWP games account login issues

The Windows Store, the Xbox App, and Forza Horizon 4 all work for me with “Ask To Connect” Firewall on. You might need to remove UWP apps from the firewall list so that GlassWire can re-index them.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 Build 19043.1165.

1 Like

I did not have much luck either. Granted, I’ve only tried it with the game The Ascent, which did show a popup asking to connect, but then got stuck on ‘creating game’.

Very happy to see that there is work being done for this though!

1 Like

it seems this issue is still outstanding, I recently got the xbox game pass for PC and having issues with a few games and connection, most recently today with Age of Empires 4 just keeps disconnecting from xbox live service

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. We’ll continue working on solving this complex problem. UWP apps/games have a weird implementation with the Windows firewall API.

I actually tried to play AoE IV, but stumbled over this issue, that’s opened now for almost 2 years. And all you can provide for a firewall software is to create a new profile and let all new traffic through with these settings while playing? In my opinion, that’s just unacceptable for a SECURITY software. Sorry guys…

And please don’t waste time on a reply that it is difficult, that’s not helpful at all and not the problem of the user of your software.

At least they’re working on it? When i first reported this almost 2 year ago, it wasn’t catching their radar.
Though that it’s taking so long to support Microsoft Store Apps is somewhat odd.

Just an update - GlassWire v2.3.363 firewall is not compatible with Forza Horizon 5.

1 Like

BUMP

This issue seems to have been completely ignored and neglected so far.
FH 5 is just another game in where I have to deactivate all of Glasswire to be able to play online.

And my guess is Flight Sim also doesn’t work either (I’ve honestly stopped checking months ago, because Glasswire ruined the experience for me).

There is no way I’m deactivating security software just to play online so I think once my subscription has ran out I wont be renewing unless its resolved though half tempted to ditch it now so I can play online but that would be wasting my subscription which I paid for

2 Likes

I just picked up Bitdefender Total Security, which includes a firewall. The UI is garbage, but at least it works with UWP apps AFAICT. I will also not be renewing my Glasswire subscription if UWP compatibility is not fixed soon.

@Ap2000, “completely ignored” is an overstatement. But it certainly hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves as evidenced by the existence of the issue more than 2 years after first being reported.

This is still happening! :frowning: