UWP games account login issues

We’re seeing if there is a way we can do that to solve the problem. Thanks for your feedback and patience.

Just setting expectations that our next release coming out in the next 30 days won’t have this fixed yet but the release soon after should have it. We’re now actively working on this.

1 Like

Any idea if this will be in a new release and roughly when?

@hintonian

It should be in the next update.

1 Like

Sadly this doesn’t look to be fixed in Version 2.2.304 :frowning:

Is there any workaround other than turning off the firewall every time we want to play XBGP games?
any solid development plans on it?

Thanks for your patience. This will be one of the main features of our next release. It’s a bit complicated to support these weird Microsoft Store Apps.

1 Like

thanks for still looking into it :slight_smile:
They seem quite strange running in a virtual drive with a ‘UNC-path’?
could we reference the exe somewhere so glasswire understands it?

We are already working on it and we think we have a way that should work successfully.

1 Like

Has this been Fixed in 2.3.318?

1 Like

Our next update will support Microsoft apps/games.

1 Like

The next update 2.3.321 is out, has this been fixed?

1 Like

It’s not a fix, it’s actually a very complex system to support these types of apps.

We put out a quick fix for some problems with the previous 2.3 version. Our next update after this one should support the UWP apps/games and this version is almost finished with development. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Working in 2.3.323?

You can see our change list here GlassWire Software Version Changes List. We will have this fixed in the next major release.

Hi Ken, major release being 2.4xx or 3.0xx?

Very roughly how long would that be?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

30-90 days I hope. It’s more complex to support UWP apps than we anticipated.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the response and still working on it! :smiley:

2 Likes

for anyone still tracking this (like me):

Version 2.3.335 - (August 3, 2021)

• Microsoft Store apps are now supported in a much better way. Even more improved support is coming soon.
1 Like

I observed the same. Occasionally I will need to delete a firewall entry or briefly turn off the firewall to allow GlassWire to recognize an application update, but for the most part, I am able to leave the firewall enabled, even when using UWP apps. Kudos to the GlassWire team.

I would be interested to know what “Even more improved support” entails, and what is known to be problematic in version 2.3.335.

tested this last night and not so much luck my end :frowning:
“Remnant: From the Ashes” Didn’t connect and couldn’t load friends list, force joining through the Xbox game bar didnt seem to help either.

@Tag - what game / UWP app did you try if you don’t mind me asking?

will do some more testing and report back :slight_smile: