V3 Update Licence

Hi @Tarun,

No features have been removed for any license, features have only been added. The columns “Traffic In” and “Traffic Out” are new columns which belong to the new Anomaly Detection feature. This feature gives insight on the average traffic consumption in and out of the particular app, the feature will show a warning if the traffic in or out is significantly higher than the average. The feature can only function if it is linked to the cloud.

You can still see In and Out traffic via the columns with the down and up arrow, respectively, as shown in the screenshot below.

Please let me know if there is still any confusion.

Katie

Ah! It was misleading because of where they were placed in the columns. Based on your screenshot I see they’re far off to the right now. I apologize for my mistake.

In this case, I retract my previous statement.

I’d like to recommend a new suggestion for this. Allow us to rearrange the columns to better match our preferences. I used that all the time and now that it’s off the screen it’s more of a hindrance. I am aware that I can hide the columns, however if I unlock all features with my Elite license, I’d like to have my most used information ready at a glace. For this very reason, I have not upgraded the other computers on my network.

Often I have referenced Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro on this forum. It was my last firewall and truly top tier. If they had not been acquired by Yandex and shut down I would still be using it. It truly was the best firewall available for so very long. GlassWire is doing a good job. Like others, I’m concerned about the future of the product - especially after an acquisition like this.

With that said, please trust what your userbase expresses their concerns to you about. They are passionate about these products and for good reason. We want to see things thrive and flourish, to continue to excel and bring in a larger user base.

Many of us have been here since the start, myself included. It’s similar for me with Malwarebytes. Marcin and I used to talk on MSN Messenger when he first started to develop Malwarebytes. I was made an Expert on their team, an Ambassador for their products, After the first version came out, I wrote a comprehensive critique with suggestions and recommendations. Including information that techs would love to see documented into logs, minor tweaks and changes. Things like ISO-8601 - the YYYY-MM-DD format for dates to reduce confusion of what is commonly used in the US (MM-DD-YYYY) versus the UK (DD-MM-YYYY). I was thrilled with the positive feedback I got from staff and members alike. But when he came in and commented that he would see to it that everything I recommended would be added, it was excellent. Because I cared for the product he worked so hard to develop and put out there to help users.

The same concept applies here. You’re hearing so many of us speak out because we care about the product and it’s direction. Right now, all eyes are on the new company and GlassWire’s new direction. We care. We’ve invested time and effort into the forums, and the product over the years. Make it amazing, while still showing respect for the origins. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can possibly get. Happy users will pipe up when someone asks about what product to go for. Even in my own software, the Anti-Malware Toolkit; I have GlassWire as a recommended product. Because it truly is a top-notch software. So in closing… keep fighting the good fight and know that those of us who are passionate about this project will continue to be your allies; we are simply being reserved and cautious.

Hi @Tarun

You are able to rearrange the columns. You can do this by clicking on the column header and dragging the column to a preferred position.

Thanks four your continued support and feedback over the years, we do appreciate it greatly!

In case you haven’t seen, I have released a new post about the future road map of features we are developing for 2023, you can check it out here > 2023 v3 roadmap

Katie

Here is info from my 2017 purchase of my Glasswire Elite Lifetime License -

Details & Requirements
• All minor updates and major upgrades included
• Use with up to 10 PCs
• unlimited history
• unlimited remote connections

My “free trial” of V3 has expired, yet the About page of my installed version is still labeled Free.
Some of the messages in this thread are less than clear. Do I still have the functionality promised at my purchase - including free major upgrades (e.g. to V3)?

Hi @techster,

Yes, you do have all the functionality.

If your installed version is labeled “Free” then you will need to re-enter your Elite legacy license code. You can do this by clicking the “Upgrade” button and selecting “Upgrade GlassWire by license activation code” from the pop up window.

Best,
Katie

Yeah, I don’t see anything wrong with V2 and from some of the comments, it might be better in some ways. Wonder if it will cease to work eventually … or since it’s not going to be updated, it ceases to work effectively?

1 Like

oc stacksocial

1 Like

@TripleHelix asked, “Some of us have Lifetime Elite, like myself, so will they continue to be lifetime for all versions, including v3, and please be clear?”

You replied, “Yes.”

Just to be clear, you meant lifetime license users will receive free upgrades to future versions, right?

1 Like

Hi @racar,

For all legacy license codes, whether on the yearly subscription model or have a lifetime license, users are able to continue to use these codes to upgrade on future versions of v3.

Best,
Katie

1 Like

Hi @Katie_GlassWire,

What about v4, v5, and so on… for lifetime license users?

I own lifetime Malwarebytes licenses. The vendor discontinued lifetime licenses in 2014, but they respected their existing lifetime license users. Malwarebytes provides free upgrades to future versions for lifetime license users. I have huge respect for Malwarebytes.

I own lifetime Wondershare Filmora licenses. (Wondershare now sells perpetual Filmora licenses with free updates for the purchased version.) Recently, Wondershare discontinued free upgrades to future versions for existing lifetime Filmora license users. They faced heavy criticism on YouTube, Twitter, and other platforms. Wondershare has now apologized and promised free upgrades to future versions for existing lifetime Filmora license users.

I have no respect for vendors that don’t respect their users, who supported them in their initial stages. I don’t like vendors that later play with words to not fulfill the initial promises to their users.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Katie_GlassWire,

Can I get a reply to my above query?

Thank you

Hi @racar,

We discontinued lifetime licenses in 2018, but they remain active for all versions of GlassWire. We don’t have any plans to deactivate them.

Best,
Katie

1 Like

Hi @Katie_GlassWire,

I appreciate you confirming that users with lifetime licenses will receive free upgrades to future versions. Thank you for your honesty and support.

Best regards

All fine Domenico, thanks for explaining the basics of software licenses to everyone again (yawn!) - except it doesn’t work with your software. I have a subscription license and you quite happily took my money for another year. I then upgraded to version 3 and now I am locked out of my account. I contacted help and they sent me the vanilla “upgrade by putting in your authentication code”. I tried that and was told that the code expires after a year and although I have been a customer with Glasswire for the last few years I never got a new authentication code - nor did I need one. Except for now. Writing back to support all I got back was deafening silence. Sent a reminder - still silence. Something is seriously amiss here - and it is not your consumers lack of knowledge about subscription models. Oh the arrogance!