GlassWire for MacOS

I think there is zero backend code shared unfortunately. :frowning: But yes, we agree with your idea.

Do you mean that SQLite DB will not be used on Mac?

You can still search for - and find - a page for Mac Glasswire. Get notified! Almost out!

I’m fine with being optimistic but hearing “UI is almost done, just waiting on the back end” would lead people to assume its close. Saying “summer” or “end of year” also would make you think its close. People are paying for the software because they hear the license will work on either platform only to see delay after delay for years - yes years. Jan 18 - comment that they have tested something early but not ready yet. Comments in 18 that licenses would be cross-platform.

I’m not going to argue with you, we can each have our own opinion. I understand the complexity of software develop and the network monitoring space, I am not saying this is an easy task. This isn’t about the software, just my frustration with companies making statements that are misleading and not sticking to commitments. Having a software development “company” is more than just writing code. Taking care of your customers is equally important.

I would have sacked someone: the project manager or developer because you need to be able to rely on projections and deliverables. Overly optimistic schedules wreck budgets and destroy goodwill .

I’ve had all sorts of systems development roles so I’ve been on both ends of this.

@Remah
Developing a product that use features from a moving target is no trivial task.

@Ken_GlassWire
But at the end of the day, a majority of Glasswire customers still use Windows. Catering for some of the features we’ve requested in the “Future Feature Request” is nothing but beneficial for the longevity of this product, I hope Glasswire soon realize that and appoint resources to fullfill some of these things.

MacOS has “Little Snitch” already, and this new software you are developing must not only match their feature set, they must improve on many things Little Snitch lacks or fails to deliver - to even compete just a little bit.

We all want to see you guys prosper, but we also don’t want to feel uncatered either.

@thebradyreport

I wanted to respond to a couple things you said so people know exactly what is going on.

1. You said that we posted that GlassWire is “almost out”. I don’t see that page. Please give me the URL and I will update it.

Instead what we do is, if someone has a Mac we ask them to join our email list so they will get notified when our Mac beta is available. It looks like this.

I guess maybe you could interpret “on the way” to “almost out” but I don’t think we have ever said GlassWire is “almost out”. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Meanwhile I’ll consider changing the text if you think it’s misleading… but I don’t recall ever getting a complaint about it until yours.

1. We have never taken any money from Mac users. In case someone is reading this and they think by your comments that we are somehow taking pre-orders from Mac users and not delivering something, that is blatantly false and that has never happened. We have absolutely zero Mac customers.

I do understand your frustration on the delay and I agree it’s not good, but we don’t purposely mislead people about having a MacOS version of GlassWire and we absolutely do not take money from MacOS users and never have. Not a penny!

All we have is a double opt in MacOS announcement email list and nothing else. Double opt in means the person must insert their email address, then they will receive an email and then they must confirm they want to be on the list.

Again, I apologize for the delay and I will do better to keep people updated on the status of MacOS. If we terminate the project I will let everyone know.

Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

3 Likes

Hi GlassWire,

I understand everything takes time. And I hope it will be out soon :slight_smile:
I see many can’t wait on the release of the Mac OS X version.

Hope to see it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I can see the obvious differences are that MacOS is a certified Unix system (think of Linux as a Unix-like system), so that there is little in common with Windows…

But the fact that they got it on Android gives me hope. Android is derived from Linux. :smiley:

Hi Ken_GlassWire, can you point me to the “GlassWire for Mac is on the way!” form? I can’t find it on the forum. Do you have a URL you can post to get me there. I’d like to join your email list so that I get notified when the Mac beta is available. Thanks.

@rodwslc

You must go to https://www.glasswire.com/download/ when using a MacOS browser.

2 Likes

For when glasswire for MacOS

The “Sign Up” button is not functioning. If b enter an email address and click the button, nothing happens. I’d also like to get notification when the MAC beta becomes available but not sure how to accomplish that.

What browser are you using? Are you using some type of blocker that blocked the Mailchimp email list signup form? If so could you disable it and try again?

Our website has zero ads or trackers.

Chrome. And no blocker. I entered my email address and hit the button it highlights and nothing more.

Just retried it and this time it worked.
Thanks!

Any ETA on the Beta?

We’re still investigating but we recently learned it may no longer be possible for us to make GlassWire for MacOS.

As of now we have found no way to make something like GlassWire using the new Network API provided by Apple.

Currently Malwarebytes is experiencing this issue along with most other firewall/network monitoring software for MacOS.

Ken, does this mean that GlassWire for MacOS is DEAD? What about GlassWire for Apple iOS?

@rodwslc

We are not sure about MacOS.

iOS, probably never… I don’t believe they allow developers to break down traffic per-app anyway but maybe I’m mistaken.

it would be really nice to have glasswire on mac. I am waiting for it

This is what I mean by developing for a moving target. Apple has proven to be quite unreliable in terms of notice to developers about changes like these - no real LTS scheme - since they only care about end-users and their pockets.

It creates considerable strain on developers that work hard to produce great products for their platform. This must have been a great hit and a lot of work hours lost due to development for a system that will be deprecated. I just hope that your team can wrap your head around the EndpointSecurity framework quickly, and that it provides the functionality you need to continue developing.

If all else fails, I for one still welcome more attention to the Windows version in near future :slight_smile:

1 Like