The GlassWire menu is available in two ways:
GlassWirein the top left corner of the GlassWire window.
- Right-click on the GlassWire icon in the Windows notifications area (previously called the system tray) at the right hand end of the Taskbar.
Hide GlassWire ()
This is the same as closing the GlassWire UI Window. The GlassWire service will continue to run when the GlassWire UI is not available.
Show Mini Viewer ()
Paid users can display the
Mini Viewer, a small graph, on their desktop to see their network activity at all times.
Drag the corners of the mini graph to change the graph size.
Mini Viewer by either:
- Clicking on the small x at the top right of the
- Selecting the
Show Mini Viewermenu item again
- At smaller window sizes the network activity statistics for (bandwidth used up and down) will not be visible.
- In the paid editions, you can control the visibility of the Mini Viewer at Menu | Settings | Client | General:
Mini Viewer Transparencyslider ()
Keep Mini Viewer on topcheckbox ()
Activate GlassWire ()
Insert your activation code for a paid edition of GlassWire.
Buy GlassWire ()
Loads the Buy GlassWire webpage in your default web browser.
Select your language from the list of translations.
- Languages can also be selected in Menu | Settings | Client | General
Skins ( )
Skins set the graph colors. Some colors make it easier to differentiate incoming bandwidth from outgoing, plus it’s fun!
The first seven skins are free. The remaining five are paid.
- Skins do not change the colors of the Windows desktop elements like the window title and background.
Skinis the same as a
Graph Themeso you can also select a skin in Menu | Settings | Client | General
Settings dialog window which has three tabs:
Snooze on/off ()
Toggle desktop notifications:
Snooze onhides desktop notifications for 24 hours.
Snooze offdisplays desktop notifications. This is the default and it can be restarted at any time.
- If you don’t want any notifications, you can go to the Menu | Settings | Client | General and uncheck
Enable tray notifications.
Incognito on/off ()
Incognito mode so GlassWire no longer saves a record of your network activity on the graph. It works similar to the Incognito mode in most modern web browsers:
Incognito onstops your network activity being recorded.
Incognito offrestarts recording of your network activity. This is the default.
Help menu item links to the online GlassWire help guide https://www.glasswire.com/help/
Further help can be found at the GlassWire forum webpage
- GlassWire edition after the GlassWire title. Blank if free. Displays a colored badge if paid features are activated.
- GlassWire version number e.g. 1.2.94
- GlassWire website link
Exit quits GlassWire by closing the main window and stopping the GlassWire service.
You can restart GlassWire by looking under the start menu or double click its icon on your desktop if you installed its icon there.
How to improve this topic
This is a wiki post, like all the other How-To topics, so feel free to improve the content. Just leave a reply explaining what you’ve done and why it makes sense to do it that way.
If this topic helped you then please it so we can see what is most effective.