Issue with Glasswire and Flight Simulator

Can we have an update on this
This problem is more than 6 months old and several versions of glasswire have been released since

Are you able to fix it?
if not then I believe your product needs a disclaimer on the purchase page that states glasswire does not work with microsoft store apps that require access through the firewall

Thanks for your patience. This will be one of the main features of our next release. It’s a bit complicated to support these weird Microsoft Store Apps.

I asked for and received a refund from Microsoft for Flight Sim 2020. Startup times and constant online connectivity and downloads required were ridiculous. Although it ran very well on my PC once up and running, it took too long to get running.

Also I did not like having to always be signed into my Microsoft account to be able to use FS, as it’s online nature is built-in. Typically I use a local account only.

But yes, there do seem to be some issues with Microsoft Store and GlassWire…

1 Like

Is this Fixed in 2.3.318?

Nobody has reported it for awhile, is it fixed?

Our next update will support all Microsoft Store apps in case it’s not.

1 Like

No, Not working in 2.3.318

2 Likes

@Trekky

OK, we will keep working on it. We’re actively working on this and I apologize for the delay. It was more complex to implement than we thought.

Working in 2.3.321?

Has this been fixed in 2.3.323?

Um… HELLO!?

It’s been so many months and I still have to deactive my whole FW to play this thing.

1 Like

Still working on it, I apologize for the issue.

I’m using GW 2.3.335, the Elite version, and the problem still exists.
When I run flightsimulator, I have to turn off the firewall. At all! Why do you need a firewall at all if you have to turn it off for a long period of time?

1 Like

Sorry for the issue.

We use a Windows API for blocking, and unfortunately it doesn’t work well with Windows Store Apps. We are working on finding some solution but a lot of this is outside our control.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I requested a refund from Microsoft for my Flight Simulator purchase. I have been a MS Flight Sim user for many years, and was looking forward to a new version. But…

The Store presents technical issues for firewalls, and the issue is even bigger than that. The part that really got me was that I had to sign into the MS Store to even use the darn thing! I refuse to have sign my PC into a MS account, and so, the Store is an issue for me. If it was optional, that would be one thing, but the fact that they require it is a bit of over reach, IMHO.

Sorry MS, but for now I’m sticking with my legacy version of FS X.

Maybe this will help: Allow Windows Apps such as Flight Simulator in firewall - Microsoft Q&A

I have shared the link with our team. Thanks @tnodir.

Thanks, but it doesn’t help.
GlassWire version 2.4.440 - the problem still exists.

I’m not surprised. The firewall issues are with the Microsoft Store and Windows UWP apps that have been ongoing for a long time… Apparently it’s a complex technical issue, or they would have fixed it by now.

UWP info: What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? - UWP applications | Microsoft Learn

Still dealing with this now! What is going on?