UWP games account login issues

thanks for still looking into it :slight_smile:
They seem quite strange running in a virtual drive with a ‘UNC-path’?
could we reference the exe somewhere so glasswire understands it?

We are already working on it and we think we have a way that should work successfully.

1 Like

Has this been Fixed in 2.3.318?

1 Like

Our next update will support Microsoft apps/games.

1 Like

The next update 2.3.321 is out, has this been fixed?

1 Like

It’s not a fix, it’s actually a very complex system to support these types of apps.

We put out a quick fix for some problems with the previous 2.3 version. Our next update after this one should support the UWP apps/games and this version is almost finished with development. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Working in 2.3.323?

You can see our change list here GlassWire Software Version Changes List. We will have this fixed in the next major release.

Hi Ken, major release being 2.4xx or 3.0xx?

Very roughly how long would that be?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

30-90 days I hope. It’s more complex to support UWP apps than we anticipated.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the response and still working on it! :smiley:

2 Likes

for anyone still tracking this (like me):

Version 2.3.335 - (August 3, 2021)

• Microsoft Store apps are now supported in a much better way. Even more improved support is coming soon.
1 Like

I observed the same. Occasionally I will need to delete a firewall entry or briefly turn off the firewall to allow GlassWire to recognize an application update, but for the most part, I am able to leave the firewall enabled, even when using UWP apps. Kudos to the GlassWire team.

I would be interested to know what “Even more improved support” entails, and what is known to be problematic in version 2.3.335.

tested this last night and not so much luck my end :frowning:
“Remnant: From the Ashes” Didn’t connect and couldn’t load friends list, force joining through the Xbox game bar didnt seem to help either.

@Tag - what game / UWP app did you try if you don’t mind me asking?

will do some more testing and report back :slight_smile:

The Windows Store, the Xbox App, and Forza Horizon 4 all work for me with “Ask To Connect” Firewall on. You might need to remove UWP apps from the firewall list so that GlassWire can re-index them.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 Build 19043.1165.

1 Like

I did not have much luck either. Granted, I’ve only tried it with the game The Ascent, which did show a popup asking to connect, but then got stuck on ‘creating game’.

Very happy to see that there is work being done for this though!

1 Like

it seems this issue is still outstanding, I recently got the xbox game pass for PC and having issues with a few games and connection, most recently today with Age of Empires 4 just keeps disconnecting from xbox live service

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. We’ll continue working on solving this complex problem. UWP apps/games have a weird implementation with the Windows firewall API.

I actually tried to play AoE IV, but stumbled over this issue, that’s opened now for almost 2 years. And all you can provide for a firewall software is to create a new profile and let all new traffic through with these settings while playing? In my opinion, that’s just unacceptable for a SECURITY software. Sorry guys…

And please don’t waste time on a reply that it is difficult, that’s not helpful at all and not the problem of the user of your software.

At least they’re working on it? When i first reported this almost 2 year ago, it wasn’t catching their radar.
Though that it’s taking so long to support Microsoft Store Apps is somewhat odd.