Issue with nord vpn

and I do know about the eyes thing , I’m just broke lmao ^^

1 Like

Maybe try changing the DNS in Windows. I would just use google DNS for now. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

To change the DNS settings on your Windows 10 device using Control Panel, do the following:

Open Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet.
Click on Network and Sharing Center.

On the left pane, click on Change adapter settings.

Right-click the network interface connected to the internet, and select Properties.

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list.

Click the Properties button.

Click the Use the following DNS server addresses option. (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Click OK.

Click Close to apply the new DNS settings to the adapter.

well ,I’d think about a dns issue , if I had problem connecting , but right now, i’m facing the opposite , problem not connecting , Like glasswire firewall not working

also based on your link , nord vpn is based in panama , which is outside of the 14 eyes

Didn’t realize that, I’ve just heard some shady things about it. I would just start cycling through all of the locations. DNS was just a suggestion, I’ve seen some odd things fix issues in the past. Just trying everything :smiley:

most of the issues could definitely be user error, or not properly connecting, ex…

According to that website, NordVPN is recommended…It is based in Panama…

1 Like

Little recommendation, to keep things clean in forums especially threads that have died many try not to post things that have already been said, or if you do want to add something to an old thread maybe add your own insight to things to help resolve whatever the issue may be.

Didn’t realize how long ago the post was made, just responded…sorry…I have been using Nord for a long time on many of my devices that I use to access the web…especially at hotspots…I have had no issues with it…

1 Like

I can confirm I’m having same problems with glasswire and NordVPN

firewall just won’t work when connected to a NordVPN server, it lets blocked apps pass through.

Glasswire has trouble connecting to its service when the computer is connected to NordVPN.

Disconnect from NordVPN and everything works as intended

If you are having issues with the NordVPN software, they also give a way to use other VPN software (or the built in Windows software) to use their service.
https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-10/

Thank You

GlassWire’s firewall works very well when connecting to NordVPN using IKEv2/IPsec

It seems to be the NordVPN app that causes the trouble.

1 Like

A personal firewall is provided by GlassWire. This avoids the use of malware for nefarious reasons on my network. It believed NordVPN was up to no good on this occasion. NordVPN proposed a shift to the glasswire.conf file of GlassWire to get around the issue.

Instead of hostname_enable_lookup = true, the setting should be false. This might solve the problem.

Let me know if it worked. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, you can not use Nord’s client (but continue to use Nord’s service with another connection method), or you can try this other solution here:

We have seen less and less complaints about this nslookup issue with Nord though, so we think they have made changes on their end where it’s no longer an issue on most of their servers.

NORD VPN is really a pain believe me.

I am not a VPN user my friend told me that he faced some serious issues

If you see that some changes occured after you reinstall the VPN so why you do not want to repalce it witht eh previous software you have used. As I know Nord VPN is not good enough to use at all. But you canfind both positive and negative feedback. So, I can recommend you to change it to another VPN service.

I use WIndscribe/ VpyrVPN apknite and haven’t had any problem.

Hey, if you are still having same problem, you can try some other vpn services like Express or Cyberghost. The good thing is they offer money back guarantee. You can try their service if it work than change your service. Moreover Cyberghost is cheap whereas Express VPN is expensive.

1 Like

Specially after NordVPN got hacked I quickly unsubscribed and switched to a VPN I found for as low as $1.33 per month for lifetime, with tons of premium features at a far less risk of being hacked with super security.

1 Like

I don’t have a experiance of using VPN with Glasswire firewall, However i read it on some high authority forum’s were people saying fastestVPN work’s properly with Glasswire firewall without any hurdle.

1 Like

Same issue happen with me So i started doing research on how to setup nord vpn for windows PC. I have read several blogs. I hope that you might find any one of them. Even you can use it for mac also.
The best blog i found on tweaklibrary about How to install and setup NordVPN on Windows 10 and Mac. Must read that blog.